1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Who's the most overrated so-called beauty?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ts4them, Jan 4, 2007.

1. tiger02

tiger02 Well-Known Member

They don't????? Next thing you are going to tell me is that they are not going to love me long time.

They sure will. Some things will never change.

2. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Well-Known Member

People often compare my daughter to Natalie Wood, so watch your step there my friend . . .
    Loved her in Splendor in the Grass. I wonder what really happened, on the night that Natalie died.

3. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

It doesn't surprise me in the least that those who are unable to discern beauty in Asian women find Lucy Liu attractive... I could certainly never convince anyone who doesn't get it that any one of the women I've posted are a hundred times prettier than Lucy Liu, nor would I want to change their thinking, because ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I thought it would be interesting for those having a parochial -- stereotypical even -- understanding of what a truly beautiful Asian woman looks like to see some examples... maybe even expanding the horizons of those so inclined. So I actually hope that those who find Lucy Liu hot and who don't recognize the perfect beauty of the women I've posted will go on thinking that Lucy Liu is hot... and those who agree with me will continue to appreciate the perfect beauty of the likes of Jeon Ji Hyun, Gong Li, Song Hye Gyo, Kim Tae Hee, Lee Eun Ju, Ha Ji Won, Eugene Kim, Lee Da Hee, Kim So Yeon, etc. etc.[​IMG]

Why are you attempting to apply some sort of objective test to what you yourself admit is completely subjective? The idea that you have to be Asian or have to have spent long periods of time in Asian settings in order to discern beauty in Asian women is, quite simply, laughable.

4. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Why are you attempting to apply some sort of objective test to what you yourself admit is completely subjective? The idea that you have to be Asian or have to have spent long periods of time in Asian settings in order to discern beauty in Asian women is, quite simply, laughable.

Now you want him to make sense too??? That is so typically Non-Asian of you

5. edmorel

They sure will. Some things will never change.

I'm talking about the girls that are born female, not the type that "become" female later in life that you have experience with.

6. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

That is so typically Non-Asian of you

I yam what I yam.

7. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

We get it. You're into the whole "girl next door" (or shall I say "teen next door") thing. Understand that not everyone is and some prefer beauties that are more unique or sexy. Please also stop implying that you understand better than others what a hot Asian girl is. It just sounds really silly

A hot Asian girl from the provincial perspective of a "Lucy Liu Lover" (i.e., clueless Asian fetishist) is completely different from a hot Asian girl. It just sounds really silly when people say that Lucy Liu is hot... and that any of the girls I posted are not. Any girl can put on makeup and a mini skirt and thigh-high boots to be more sexy... but Lucy Liu (and any Asian girl at her level or less) will still be Lucy Liu, whereas the "girl next door" women I posted will be sexy and beautiful.[​IMG]

We're arguing beauty here... Lucy Liu's beauty is overrated... and I provided examples of girls whose beauty is not overrated. I stated before that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll continue to find Lucy Liu and similar Asian girls "hot" or "sexy" or whatever... that's what's expected of you.

8. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

A hot Asian girl from the provincial perspective of a "Lucy Liu Lover" (i.e., clueless Asian fetishist) is completely different from a hot Asian girl. It just sounds really silly when people say that Lucy Liu is hot... and that any of the girls I posted are not. Any girl can put on makeup and a mini skirt and thigh-high boots to be more sexy... but Lucy Liu (and any Asian girl at her level or less) will still be Lucy Liu, whereas the "girl next door" women I posted will be sexy and beautiful.[​IMG]

We're arguing beauty here... Lucy Liu's beauty is overrated... and I provided examples of girls whose beauty is not overrated.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I need a drink.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

amerikajinda - congratulations - you officially make zero sense.

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

It just sounds really silly when people say that Lucy Liu is hot... and that any of the girls I posted are not.

[​IMG]

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

12. amerikajinda

Then how do you explain the phenomenon where some people actually find Lucy Liu pretty? The moment they set foot in Seoul or Tokyo, they will go like this [​IMG] and say "what the hell was I thinking!?" as perfect 8s, 9s and 10s stroll by them. (Lucy Liu is a 2).

13. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Hot or not?

Butter to the max.

14. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Then how do you explain the phenomenon where some people actually find Lucy Liu pretty? The moment they set foot in Seoul or Tokyo, they will go like this [​IMG] and say "what the hell was I thinking!?" as perfect 8s, 9s and 10s stroll by them. (Lucy Liu is a 2).
    I spent a year of my life in Asia. I married a Japanese woman. Stop making no sense. Now. Please.

15. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

What was I thinking? Of course this must be a well-documented phenomenon. Please provide a link so I can read and absorb.

16. amerikajinda

Hot or not?

[​IMG]

Not!

Hot or not?

[​IMG]

17. edmorel

So beauty is in the eye of the beholder, except when it comes to Lucy Liu or non-asian guys looking at asian girls? BTW, I've been to Tokyo, I still wouldn't call any of the broads in your posts "HOT', they are pretty, some of them very pretty but HOT to me means something else.
    Anyway, this argument can go on forever, if only because you make absolutely no sense. I'll assume you have no opinion on women whose countries you have not visited.

edit: i'm leaving this thread now before it causes me to drink double what I was planning on drinking this weekend.

18. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

This reminds me a great deal of some of the debates we've had over suit silhouettes.

19. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

This reminds me a great deal of some of the debates we've had over suit silhouettes.
    Manton - you cannot appreciate a Roman silhouette if you are not actually from Rome, ok?

20. tiger02

tiger02 Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the girls that are born female, not the type that "become" female later in life that you have experience with.

Love long time is love long time. Who am I to say no?

I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll continue to find Lucy Liu and similar Asian girls "hot" or "sexy" or whatever... that's what's expected of you.

You have yet to explain why "provincial Asian fetishists" find Lucy Liu attractive, but not the ones you're posting. I have no dog in the fight--none of them can hold a candle to Eastern European women anyway.