1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who's the most overrated so-called beauty?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ts4them, Jan 4, 2007.

1. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

How about this one?

[​IMG]

It is hard for non-Asians to be able to tell the difference between "exotic" and "beautiful". They are not one in the same...

I didn't know Asians had a monopoly on this trait [​IMG]

So far, you have not posted one Asian chick that I have not bumped into on one of the trading floors where I've worked or simply walking down the street in Midtown. This broad actually looks like my neighbors daughter, who is definitely not the most popular girl on the block. I don't get this bullshit of "well, your not Asian so you don't really know what a beautiful Asian woman is" I'm not caucasian either but I don't have trouble spotting the hot white women.

2. edmorel

Haha not to ruffle any feathers, but LL looks like a Mexican transvestite.[​IMG] Her look is quite hard, severe even... the word "skank" comes to mind... her eyes are too far apart -- she looks like a praying mantis... compare to a true, pure, wholesome, natural, perfect beauty:

[​IMG]

This is a joke right? this chick is good looking, but she wouldn't even get a glance on the streets of NYC. BTW, why do your "hot asian" girls seem to be more American than Asian?

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

if you are here in Los Angeles especially in the koreantown district, there are alot of Korean beauties.
    also orange county and the san fernando valley as well.

4. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

This is a joke right? this chick is good looking, but she wouldn't even get a glance on the streets of NYC. BTW, why do your "hot asian" girls seem to be more American than Asian?

Yeah! Come on Amerikajinda, show Ed the *really* hot Asians chicks [​IMG]

5. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Yeah! Come on Amerikajinda, show Ed the *really* hot Asians chicks [​IMG]

As you wish...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

not feelin' any of these asian chicks.

7. edmorel

not feelin' any of these asian chicks.

yeah, they are borderline pre-teen fetish-y. None are ugly, but none would be noticeable in the street. Again amerikajinda, you seem to like the Ameriasian look.

8. amerikajinda

It doesn't surprise me in the least that those who are unable to discern beauty in Asian women find Lucy Liu attractive... I could certainly never convince anyone who doesn't get it that any one of the women I've posted are a hundred times prettier than Lucy Liu, nor would I want to change their thinking, because ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I thought it would be interesting for those having a parochial -- stereotypical even -- understanding of what a truly beautiful Asian woman looks like to see some examples... maybe even expanding the horizons of those so inclined. So I actually hope that those who find Lucy Liu hot and who don't recognize the perfect beauty of the women I've posted will go on thinking that Lucy Liu is hot... and those who agree with me will continue to appreciate the perfect beauty of the likes of Jeon Ji Hyun, Gong Li, Song Hye Gyo, Kim Tae Hee, Lee Eun Ju, Ha Ji Won, Eugene Kim, Lee Da Hee, Kim So Yeon, etc. etc.[​IMG]

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

yeah, they are borderline pre-teen fetish-y. None are ugly, but none would be noticeable in the street. Again amerikajinda, you seem to like the Ameriasian look.

What's your opinion of Gong Li?

10. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It doesn't surprise me in the least that those who are unable to discern beauty in Asian women find Lucy Liu attractive... I could certainly never convince anyone who doesn't get it that any one of the women I've posted are a hundred times prettier than Lucy Liu, nor would I want to change their thinking, because ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I thought it would be interesting for those having a parochial -- stereotypical even -- understanding of what a truly beautiful Asian woman looks like to see some examples... maybe even expanding the horizons of those so inclined. So I actually hope that those who find Lucy Liu hot and who don't recognize the perfect beauty of the women I've posted will go on thinking that Lucy Liu is hot... and those who agree with me will continue to appreciate the perfect beauty of the likes of Jeon Ji Hyun, Gong Li, Song Hye Gyo, Kim Tae Hee, Lee Eun Ju, Ha Ji Won, Eugene Kim, Lee Da Hee, Kim So Yeon, etc. etc.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. amerikajinda

you seem to like the Ameriasian look.

Uh, they don't all dress like this anymore...

[​IMG]

12. amerikajinda

She's very pretty![​IMG]

13. edmorel

She is more up my power alley than the girls above. I am not into pre-pubescent girls nor girls that look like they are (although I do appreciate a well shorn beaver on a woman). Sexiness for me, is that, sexiness. I recognize "cute", but it's not my thing. I like a woman who looks like she knows what to do with her mouth. Gong Li definitely fits that bill.

14. edmorel

Uh, they don't all dress like this anymore...

[​IMG]

They don't????? Next thing you are going to tell me is that they are not going to love me long time.

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

She is more up my power alley than the girls above. I am not into pre-pubescent girls nor girls that look like they are (although I do appreciate a well shorn beaver on a woman). Sexiness for me, is that, sexiness. I recognize "cute", but it's not my thing. I like a woman who looks like she knows what to do with her mouth. Gong Li definitely fits that bill.

Ok. I watched Hannibal Rising last night. It's a terrible movie, but Gong Li could adopt me any day. She's always got a classical elegance about her that you don't see very often anymore, at least from what I've seen of her.

16. amerikajinda

Beautiful Asian Women (as opposed to Lucy Liu):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, admittedly I have a certain fondess for Korean women, but am nevertheless able to distinguish the beauty of all Asian women...[​IMG]

17. amerikajinda

Maybe if I post just a few more images of beautiful Asian women, certain people will understand why Lucy Liu is not attractive (and mind you, I don't have anything against her personally - never met her - it's just that she happens to be the poster child for clueless guys with Asian fetishes.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. amerikajinda

They don't????? Next thing you are going to tell me is that they are not going to love me long time.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We get it. You're into the whole "girl next door" (or shall I say "teen next door") thing. Understand that not everyone is and some prefer beauties that are more unique or sexy. Please also stop implying that you understand better than others what a hot Asian girl is. It just sounds really silly

20. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

As ed mentioned, all these women have stereotypical Western features, particularly eyes. I'm guessing that amerikajinda is Asian, and the posters that prefer Lucy Liu -- who has stereotypical Asian features -- are not. It's just a case of the grass being greener on the other side.