• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whos hanging out here while superfuture is down?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just wondering... and also wondering if anyone here knows when itll be back up(minya?)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
everyone. we are all just here waiting for superfutures to let us in. buuuut....in order to make you guys feel more at home here, allow me to greet you in the manner in which you are accustomed.... "DoOd YoUr JeEnZ r BaD aZZ"
smile.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and keep the IM speak to a minimum everyone. I know that hitting shift button and using periods and commas and typing "You are" instead of "ur" may be a bit of a hassle, but Styleforum, including the Streetwear and Denim pa has always had a non-IM aesthetic, which is different from the feel of other forums, including Superfutures. I'm just asking that everyone please respect this.

Cheers,

Fok.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
YoU iZ jUsT pIsEd At Us 4 CaLLiN oUt uR lAmEaZz FlArEz

Reaction score
I just got THE WORD from THE MAN that SUPERTALK may be back this week sometime. I have been reading ST in cache, reliving sweet memories of flame wars, questions about starching, STFs, shrinking, stretching and the like.

What have you been doing since the [other] great crash?

Well, since I asked, I have been reading books, including Trynka's DENIM: From Cowboys to Catwalks, spending time with the wives, and gardening. Oh, and posting here. Joined Fashionspot, but haven't posted, just wanted to be able to view how jeans fit the other species, naaaaaameeeeen? Lolzors....

Tabris

Reaction score
I can see why there is a stigma attached to superfuture, but not everyone there is LiEk teh RuDe BoYz.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Superfuture used to be much civilized back in the days. I used to post there quite a bit, but haven't been much lately. I suppose my taste has grown, though it still has a place in my bookmarks. Superfuture taught me how to be a proper denimhead.

I agree. As much as I love Styleforum (of course I love it, its my home on the web), it will never be the denimhead haven that Superfuture once was. The discussions there have really deteriorated and you seriously have to wade through the **** and flame wars to get to the good posts. I can't imagine how I ever racked up 750 or so posts over there, when nowadays everytime I go there its usually just a check up and lasts 2 or 3 minutes.

I don't really care about AIM vernacular, though it does get annoying, I just don't want this place to turn into Superfuture, where the first person posts a question, then 8 people reply with quips or an ambiguous and unhelfpul answer (which is usually followed up by another 6 posts of QFT or something to that nature), and finally, 10 or 15 posts down, one person posts a genuine answer, which is then followed up by 5 questions which have already been answered a billion times, an inevitable e-peen flamewar, and then 6-8 more QFTs.

Seriously.

Geowu

Reaction score
Supertalk is still nice. Certain people who posted useful information some time ago rarely post nowadays, though.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Let's try not to have too much of a 'rank on superfuture' thread here... I had Fok officially invite them over if they need a refugee tent. They said they might if it looks like it is going to take forever. We'll see I guess.

asf

Reaction score
me, i'm here

and i was guilty towards the end of unnecessary/unhelpful posts
mostly about the whole starch thing

but i will be marketing my own special japanese denim starch at only $12/bottle plus s&h

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Supertalk is good for some things, mainly because of the fact that almost everyone knows where the sales are. But a most of the time, they really are closed minded.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I prefer the civility and maturity of Styleforum, Supertalk will always have a place in my heart. My denim love sprung up from reading all the posts on there.
Also, they are one of the best places to talk about "limited ed sneakers" and other streetwear mumbo-jumbo.

I attribute its downslide to the influx of new members who are either trolls, or don't spend time get a feel of the site before posting irrelevant posts. And supertrash is just, at most times, marsupialed.

semaj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
As much as I prefer the civility and maturity of Styleforum, Supertalk will always have a place in my heart. My denim love sprung up from reading all the posts on there.
Also, they are one of the best places to talk about "limited ed sneakers" and other streetwear mumbo-jumbo.

I attribute its downslide to the influx of new members who are either trolls, or don't spend time get a feel of the site before posting irrelevant posts. And supertrash is just, at most times, marsupialed.

I hope with the new Superfuture, come harsher guidelines for posting. There are too many idiots flaming and too much bullshit to wade to get to the "good" information.

Hopefully some strict guidelines will be in place.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahh... yeah. superfuture is more entertainment than info. maybe itll lose some of the idiots after the crash.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm not going to lie, i'm here because supertalk is down. sometimes i dont know how people that have been on since like december have racked up 1000 posts..
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads