• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whoops - didn't soak..

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I purchased some Nudie Baggy Bjorns and they're about 2 1/2 months in..

I never warm-soaked them. Should I warm soak them now or suck it up?

rnrswitch

Reaction score
They're sanforized so it won't matter. The shrinking should be minimal. I did see someone on mynudies.com who had presoaked his RRDS and they looked great. Instead of that grayish color they had a very deep blue.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
They're sanforized so it won't matter. The shrinking should be minimal. I did see someone on mynudies.com who had presoaked his RRDS and they looked great. Instead of that grayish color they had a very deep blue.

Fantastic.. I thought they were sanforized and then thought, that's probably why I didn't soak them... but just in case, I figured I ask.
wink.gif
Thank you.
smile.gif

Jetta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch

I soaked my RRDS and much prefer the after soak color. I have found most of my jeans have gotten darker with a soak, not sure if thats normal or just me though.

BioSore

Reaction score
Do you all prefer to soak APC's, too? I've got a pair of NS's coming in, and wasn't sure if I should or not.

voltronf0rce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BioSore
Do you all prefer to soak APC's, too? I've got a pair of NS's coming in, and wasn't sure if I should or not.
APC are sanforized, so any soaking will leave minium shrinkage. 1/2 inch in waist and ~2 inches in length.

But to answer your question, I would and hang or wear dry.

BioSore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voltronf0rce
APC are sanforized, so any soaking will leave minium shrinkage. 1/2 inch in waist and ~2 inches in length.

But to answer your question, I would and hang or wear dry.

Alright, thanks. I'll see how they fit when I get them. I can't remember what the inseam is. if it's 34+ I'll do it, I just don't like having to stretch out jeans. Oh well though, it sounds like it leaves a nice hue anyways. Would you suggest just leaving them in a bucket of warm water for an hour or so??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads