• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whoopee hacking jackets!

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
First off I don't consider what I have very Huntsman, but they can do pretty much whatever you ask, so if you are clear about what you want (and your ideas are not wrong), you will have great results.

I am going to have a couple tweed hacking jackets made for the upcoming winter in a couple months. Remind me in August if you like and I'll let you know how it's turned out.

So howd they turn out?
laugh.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
perhaps you should PM him as a reminder!

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, I didn't end up using real tweed. Instead I used a beautiful Harrison's cashmere and a Holland & Sherry soft wool "donegal". Also, Chan made the jackets isntead of A-Man (I just got some trousers from them and they're great BTW). They've made me an absolutely smashing three-piece suit - SB peak with DB waistcoat using Golden Bale. I guess I have to try to get some decent pics up soon, but they're not terribly appropriate for the current weather.

Edit: one of the jackets is one its way to me, and I'm getting a couple shirts in the near future that may be worth photographing, too. So this may take some time. The H&S "donegal" (HS535) is really comfortable stuff and fairly priced, for H&S. 13 1/2 oz but it's rather porous and should be perfect for early-mid autumn and mid-late spring.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great...judging from your past chan experiences, they already seem to have the perfect sense of what looks brilliant on your body already. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta get some pics man.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC00921_2.jpg
The jacket is by Chan (aforementioned H&S cloth), the sweater Dries Van Noten, the sagging trousers A-Man (Harrisons 39029), the shoes EG Inverness in burnt pine. Better pictures to follow in the near future.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
that looks pretty cool it would look great in corduroy too! what is the vent, single or double?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks great to me. All of the items you have had made look terrific to me.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
impressive

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting more pictures....

I've already decided that I need a faux-Donegal tweed jacket, but I'm undecided whether to ask Chan or a local tailor to make it for me. So I'm anxious to see pictures and learn how you like your Chan jacket.

whoopee, your DB suit from Chan is probably still the most spectacular garment I've seen posted here (excepting the infamous RLPL butt thong).

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
Eagerly awaiting more pictures....
Ditto. Mine has become very much an odd-jacket wardrobe and it's nice to see what others have had made. Oddly enough, when I went into Tip Top a few weeks ago, they said they had no tweed. No tweed! Still lots of lovely stuff to choose from, but no tweed!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads