• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wholesale Prices for Leather Shoes

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what typical wholesale prices are for leather upper/sole/inner shoes from

1. Italy?
2. Spain?
3. India?
4. China?

Has anyone done small orders from any of these countries?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I suppose you could ask a Chinese trade office.... btw, if you haven't been there, I think you just missed the Canton Fair which ran from till Nov. 6... they have an extensive garments and shoe showcase.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
alibaba.com

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
alibaba.com

Yes, some of my best friends were met through Alibaba.

Does anyone have general ideas of wholesale prices on some of the big brands we talk about here like Allen Edmonds, Santoni, Edward Green, etc.?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt some would reveal them in a forum such as this. Wholesale is something they would obviously hold close to the vest.

And on some brands of quality shoes, it's not dramatically less than retail. There's not that much margin.

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I doubt some would reveal them in a forum such as this. Wholesale is something they would obviously hold close to the vest.

And on some brands of quality shoes, it's not dramatically less than retail. There's not that much margin.

Well, that is helpful. I was just thinking some one might have heard some information on this in the course of shoe buying, but you're right that it is unlikely.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any reason to doubt that the "wholesale x 2.4 = retail" formula is not in the ballpark?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40