1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Wholecut Shoes for Wide Feet?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by diadem, May 7, 2013.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I would be interested to know your foot measurements and what size Carmina you got.

For posterity, can I bother you with some more pics?

2. diadem

diadem Senior member

Quote:They're UK 7.5 (US 8).

Quote:I'll post more pics and measure my feet when I get home. I guess just by eyeballing that pic I posted, I would have to size up to at least a UK 8.5 to get these to fit, but then heel slippage is an issue...

3. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I recently picked up my first pair of whole cuts, and they're made by Canali.

I find that Canali's have a roomy last, so it's best to size down, especially in the whole cuts. I picked these up for $369 + tax (half off), so they can be found on sale. At that price, I would pick them over Carmina. (on a side note, some Canali shoes - the ones made in Spain - are made by Carmina). The ones below are made by Campanile for Canali.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rc121

rc121 Senior member

This is what I feared regarding Carmina sizing. My assumption on their EE sizing is that its basically a UK F or a standard US E width. So while this may be considered "wide" to some people, those of us that wear 3E or thereabouts still won't be able to wear them.

I'm looking forward to seeing your foot measurements, but could you also let us know any other shoes/lasts that you wear and the sizing that fits?

5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

You probably can't do better than the Vass wholecut on the 3636 last.

6. mskay

mskay New Member

you may want to check out Wider Fit Shoes too www.widerfitshoes.co.uk they have what you're looking for and you may find more stuff too!