1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Whole Lotta Cars, How, How, How

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by rnoldh, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior Member

If you are serious and capable PM me. You would do better now than at auction. They are looking at a 2 to 3 year window to disperse the cars in an orderly manner, maximize the value and not depress the market. Well, Thanks I guess. I'm just not of the hip hop generation nor an Obama man. The musician who I was with is a long time friend who is close to the car collecting world ( he has quite a collection himself ). As to the " rambling, crazy-old-man posts" there might be some truth in that. But as long as one person is interested ( and it is true ), I'd rather post about Howard Hughes, Frank Mann, Craig Cullinan, the Hunt Brothers, Rex Cauble, Ron Jeremy, Larry Flynt and other legendary characters than a pair of Selvadge Jeans. I think redcaiman said he reads my historical posts. If no one read them, I won't post them. I could do a blog, but I don't care to. There will probably never be an as large and eclectic car collection in the world assembled by an individual.
    I always read your posts. They fascinate me and often prompt me to do further research. I am sure some keen people are going to make a fortune flipping some of those cars.

2. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior Member

WOW! Nice Nice Nice!

/swoon over the Shelbys!

3. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior Member

woo, and I see a 69? Boss is that a 429 or 428? I love those cars, pure muscle.

4. MrG

MrG Stylish Dinosaur

Sorry to hear about your friend, my condolences.

That collection is amazing. Thanks for taking the time to post so many pictures.

I'm not a Big Timer, so I can't make a cash offer, but I do have a spare organ or two. I wonder if I could arrange a trade for one of those 427 Cobras... [​IMG]

5. grundletaint

grundletaint Distinguished Member

please tell the reverend he's in my top 5 of all-time list.[​IMG]

6. Andrewc2232

Andrewc2232 Senior Member

That's truly a staggering collection.

My father is an amateur collector and would definitely love some of these cars--will be sure and pass these on to him. Vintage cars just have so much more appeal to me for some reason. Here are a few pictures from his garage. These are all his cars, minus the yellow Galaxie, which is mine.

Most interesting is probably the custom Tiger Sunbeam that has a crate motor in it pushing about 375bhp. It still has the original Carroll Shelby dealer plates.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. KnowYourRights

KnowYourRights Senior Member

rnoldh,

Beautiful cars. Awesome collection. Thank you for sharing the pictures..

8. jamesbond

jamesbond Distinguished Member

Sorry about your friend.

Not into cars but two things pop into mind - (1) it's awesome that he owned the Batmobile (two of them actually) (2) that Hank Williams Jr car is the most awful, tacky thing I can recall seeing in recent memory.

I guess you've never seen Mike Tyson's Ferrari Testarossa convertable.

9. jamesbond

jamesbond Distinguished Member

That Bugatti 57 Atlantic must be the most expensive car in his collection? I saw Ralph Lauren's at the Boston MFA exhibit...think there's only 4 or 5 in the world.

rnoldh, it seems your friend was really into the classics but how about exotics? Any Ferrari, Maserati, Lambo, etc. pictures?

10. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Senior Member

Did Jay Leno die?

Also: this belongs on B/S. Let's make the biggest big timer sale on SF history.

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

I assume the 250 GTO next to the "Bamboo Bomber" is a fake/rebody?

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

That Hank Williams car is most likely a custom job by Nudie, a Nudie Mobile:

[​IMG]

14. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Distinguished Member

Condolences for the loss and thank you for sharing. What a spectacular collection.

15. romafan

romafan Distinguished Member

That Hank Williams car is most likely a custom job by Nudie, a Nudie Mobile:

[​IMG]

i thought nudie was a tailor? webb pierce ha a similar custom caddy - the interior was studded w/ silver dollars...

* i stand corrected: nudie did customize cars, and he did webb's (pontiac, not caddy)!
    http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brie...-pontiac.jhtml