1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Who would you like to meet on Style Forum?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by marc37, Jun 21, 2005.

1. jerrysfriend

jerrysfriend Senior member

If you could change the carte to Jambon Persille', Turbot roti en croute avec mouselline de homard et sauce nantua, gateau de lapereau, a St. Marcellin, souffle de frais de bois, a Champagne Pommeroy, a Le Monrachet and a 1979 Chateau Haut Brion, I would like to attend, no matter how long it lasts.

2. ernest

ernest Senior member

(Fabienne @ June 24 2005,07:58) Non, non, non.  Something more like foie gras poêllÃ[​IMG] aux figues, chaud-froid de truite, faisan aux pommes, Koulibiac, salade, fromages, savarin, nougat glacÃ[​IMG], armagnac, a Meursault, a Chambolle-Musigny, a Montbasillac, a Bandol. If I feel merciful, he gets a trou normand between the two main dishes.
    If you could change the carte to Jambon Persille', Turbot roti en croute avec mouselline de homard et sauce nantua, gateau de lapereau, a St. Marcellin, souffle de frais de bois, a Champagne Pommeroy, a Le Monrachet and a 1979 Chateau Haut Brion, I would like to attend, no matter how long it lasts.
    And Pino ?

3. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Yeah, ld like to meet him too. He sounds like a good all round bloke. l like his style on the net, a man of few words yet he says alot.

4. PHV

PHV Senior member

The pretension here is at times suffocating.

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

So when is the next time you are in Portland? And why the hell would you go to Portland anyways? There is nothing there man.

6. jerrysfriend

jerrysfriend Senior member

(jerrysfriend @ June 25 2005,00:06)
    Non, non, non.  Something more like foie gras poêllÃ[​IMG] aux figues, chaud-froid de truite, faisan aux pommes, Koulibiac, salade, fromages, savarin, nougat glacÃ[​IMG], armagnac, a Meursault, a Chambolle-Musigny, a Montbasillac, a Bandol. If I feel merciful, he gets a trou normand between the two main dishes.
    And Pino ?
    As in Pizza Pino, of the Champs?

7. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

I think regional 'get togethers' would be fun. I'd guess I met and spoke with 200 or so in NYC back in March but it was so fast...

I'd like to meet the rest but even more I'd like to go back and meet 5-10 folks at a time for one of those 5-hour dinner and chat type evenings.

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I want to meet ernest. I have much to learn from him.

9. PHV

PHV Senior member

I'd like to meet LA Guy so that he could teach me all about Canadian socio-political issues and how to dress like I'm still 10.

10. Agreeable

Agreeable Member

Although LA guy is 40 and dresses like a skater....I admire LA guy for being so young at heart

11. StewF18

StewF18 Member

you dont need to dress like a 10 year old. keep acting the way you do and noone will mistake you for anything older.

12. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

OOOooooo burn.... [​IMG]

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Baazzingg...

14. Agreeable

Agreeable Member

(PHV @ June 30 2005,08:29) I'd like to meet LA Guy so that he could teach me all about Canadian socio-political issues and how to dress like I'm still 10.
    you dont need to dress like a 10 year old. Â keep acting the way you do and noone will mistake you for anything older.
    enfant de chienne

15. Roy

Roy Senior member

(StewF18 @ June 30 2005,12:22)
    I'd like to meet LA Guy so that he could teach me all about Canadian socio-political issues and how to dress like I'm still 10.
    you dont need to dress like a 10 year old. Â keep acting the way you do and noone will mistake you for anything older.
    enfant de chienne
    That's not nice.