1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who Watches Animal Planet?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by romafan, Sep 13, 2012.

1. romafan

romafan Senior member

After not watching TV for a long time, my kids are branching out from cartoons & have sttled on Gator Boyz, Call of the Wildman, & Tanked. For me, Tanked seems the most entertaining. Gator Boyz was good for an episode until you realize they basically do the same thing on each 'call'. The crazy hillbilly guy (Turtleman) on the Wildman is just annoying, and none of the critters really matches up to even a 5 foot alligator in terms of making things interesting...

2. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Back when my 14 year old was younger, he used to watch a few shows on there (or maybe it was discovery :confused:). Now, for his "educational" tv viewing, he likes watching those reality shows on those guys in Alaska that basically hunt to survive, some show on paranormal investigators, and Iron Chef

3. humza

humza Senior member

Lost it's appeal after Steve died, IMO.

4. romafan

romafan Senior member

yes, discovery & AP seem fairly interchangeable. we are also big into bear grylz (but on video). i hate having to explain the capt morgan/ketel1/avion commercials on fox soccer! :happy: we are 5 years behind you , ed

who is steve? :confused:

5. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I watched Ultimate Hippos a couple of nights ago. Hippos are insane. I think a Hippo can beat a Bear in a fight.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Little known fact: Hippos kill more humans/year than any other animal. They are really nasty creatures.

7. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Wow, more than bears? They had a segment where a guy was trampled because he got between a Hippo and the water. Apparently Hippos can get up to about 20 MPH in a short burst and sometimes run with their mouths open. They said it was like the guy got hit by an SUV with spikes sticking out of it.

8. humza

humza Senior member

:) The crocodile hunter, Steve Irwin.

9. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Whale Wars is fun. Hypocritical propaganda, but interesting to watch.

10. romafan

romafan Senior member

Crikey! Was he AP? :confused: I have only discovered channel in the last month. Saw a very large crocodile captured & trussed up by Philippine villagers last night...