• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who was the coolest Beatle?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rossini
In what way is Ringo not cool?

In what way IS Ringo Cool?

Caomhanach

Reaction score
Along with Stu there was also drummer Pete Best who was summarily sacked in favour of older, well known Ringo Star. And as a bit of trivia; there was a group in Canada called the Beetles before the fab four hit the charts. They had 3 singles out and shortly after were forced to call themselves The canadian Beetles. And out of Ogden Utah of all places was a group called 4 Beatles and a dog. They had a basset hound who would wail. I actually found both group's records and collected them. I have no idea of value, Mom tossed them out with my black light posters when I enlisted :O(

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
...Sir George Martin.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
In what way IS Ringo Cool?

Having met, on different occasions, both Paul and Ringo, I can say that Ringo is a genuinely nice guy, a gentleman and truly interested in connecting with people. Paul is like any flirt you have met. The world revolves around him. So, of the two, I think it is very cool that Ringo became the most sober, grounded guy after the Beatles broke up.

James Gatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Having met, on different occasions, both Paul and Ringo, I can say that Ringo is a genuinely nice guy, a gentleman and truly interested in connecting with people. Paul is like any flirt you have met. The world revolves around him. So, of the two, I think it is very cool that Ringo became the most sober, grounded guy after the Beatles broke up.

This is why it's way too hard to answer this question. Probably easier to break it down by decade and then pencil in the coolest for each one.

dualpupil

Reaction score
Eric Clapton while he was playing the solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps...

Tourangh

Reaction score
John Lennon. Really surprised that everyone is hating on the guy

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
George,was hands down the coolest.

Ringo hasn't done anything noteworthy since the beatles broke up.

John was a Genius.

Paul seems synthetic to me.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
John Lennon. What impressed me most was that he stuck by Yoko through all the bullshit people gave him over her. Whether or not she's ugly, a bad person, or whatever, it doesn't matter. He loved her and that's all that mattered to him.

Sticking with one's true love rather than trading her in for a trophy wife, even after dealing with all the insults from the media gives him unlimited cool points and I'd have to say he is the coolest celebrity ever, not just Beatle or musician.

Tourangh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
John Lennon. What impressed me most was that he stuck by Yoko through all the bullshit people gave him over her. Whether or not she's ugly, a bad person, or whatever, it doesn't matter. He loved her and that's all that mattered to him.

Sticking with one's true love rather than trading her in for a trophy wife, even after dealing with all the insults from the media gives him unlimited cool points and I'd have to say he is the coolest celebrity ever, not just Beatle or musician.

+1

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
George, definitely. He had the coolest friends too: Clapton, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, etc.

Ringo is my other choice and for those hating on him - for many, many years (and possibly still) Ringo had the most successful solo career (Wings and Plastic Ono band are groups) after the beatles.

Also, Barbara Bach:

barbara-bach4.jpg

friends.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads