1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Who was the coolest Beatle?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brad, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Rossini

Rossini Senior Member

In what way is Ringo not cool?

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

In what way is Ringo not cool?

In what way IS Ringo Cool?

3. Caomhanach

Caomhanach Senior Member

Along with Stu there was also drummer Pete Best who was summarily sacked in favour of older, well known Ringo Star. And as a bit of trivia; there was a group in Canada called the Beetles before the fab four hit the charts. They had 3 singles out and shortly after were forced to call themselves The canadian Beetles. And out of Ogden Utah of all places was a group called 4 Beatles and a dog. They had a basset hound who would wail. I actually found both group's records and collected them. I have no idea of value, Mom tossed them out with my black light posters when I enlisted :O(

4. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

...Sir George Martin.

5. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

In what way IS Ringo Cool?

Having met, on different occasions, both Paul and Ringo, I can say that Ringo is a genuinely nice guy, a gentleman and truly interested in connecting with people. Paul is like any flirt you have met. The world revolves around him. So, of the two, I think it is very cool that Ringo became the most sober, grounded guy after the Beatles broke up.

6. James Gatz

James Gatz Senior Member

Having met, on different occasions, both Paul and Ringo, I can say that Ringo is a genuinely nice guy, a gentleman and truly interested in connecting with people. Paul is like any flirt you have met. The world revolves around him. So, of the two, I think it is very cool that Ringo became the most sober, grounded guy after the Beatles broke up.

This is why it's way too hard to answer this question. Probably easier to break it down by decade and then pencil in the coolest for each one.

7. dualpupil

dualpupil New Member

Eric Clapton while he was playing the solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps...

8. Tourangh

Tourangh Senior Member

John Lennon. Really surprised that everyone is hating on the guy

9. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

George,was hands down the coolest.

Ringo hasn't done anything noteworthy since the beatles broke up.

John was a Genius.

Paul seems synthetic to me.

10. javyn

javyn Stylish Dinosaur

John Lennon. What impressed me most was that he stuck by Yoko through all the bullshit people gave him over her. Whether or not she's ugly, a bad person, or whatever, it doesn't matter. He loved her and that's all that mattered to him.

Sticking with one's true love rather than trading her in for a trophy wife, even after dealing with all the insults from the media gives him unlimited cool points and I'd have to say he is the coolest celebrity ever, not just Beatle or musician.

11. Tourangh

Tourangh Senior Member

John Lennon. What impressed me most was that he stuck by Yoko through all the bullshit people gave him over her. Whether or not she's ugly, a bad person, or whatever, it doesn't matter. He loved her and that's all that mattered to him.

Sticking with one's true love rather than trading her in for a trophy wife, even after dealing with all the insults from the media gives him unlimited cool points and I'd have to say he is the coolest celebrity ever, not just Beatle or musician.

+1

12. ccc123

ccc123 Senior Member

13. countdemoney

countdemoney Distinguished Member

George, definitely. He had the coolest friends too: Clapton, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, etc.

Ringo is my other choice and for those hating on him - for many, many years (and possibly still) Ringo had the most successful solo career (Wings and Plastic Ono band are groups) after the beatles.

Also, Barbara Bach:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Modernist

Modernist Senior Member

Ringo. He seemed to have a healthy dose of self-sarcasm.

And extra cool points for the Peter Sellers connection.

15. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider