Who makes...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gqelements, Apr 5, 2004.

1. gqelements

gqelements Senior member

... harry rosen house label "royal shirt" line
    the size is listed as "XL" ie not a neck/sleeve size, it is not a fused collar [although that is a personal preference not a quality issue, and buttons.. are ... sorry i do not know 100% the diference b/w motehr of pearl and 'plastic' [ignorance of youth]
    thank you in advance

2. Classic

Classic Senior member

Have you asked anyone at Harry Rosen directly about this? I have found the employees at the stores I deal with quite helpful and knowledgeable.
    You could also visit their website, harryrosen.com, and "Contact Harry" with an email request for the answer.

Classic

3. FCS

FCS Senior member

I think it's a factory in Toronto called "Royal Custom Shirt" or something like that. I was told by one of their staffs that they are making dress shirts for Rosen, and they don't accept orders from the public.

Keep in mind that are only a handful of shirt makers in the GTA. 95% of all tailors in the area would outsource to one of these shirt makers.

4. gqelements

gqelements Senior member

Thank you for the responses, but I think the GTA option is ruled out as it says "Ëśmade in Italy' on the tag. Currently I am writing an email to Rosen CS department, thank you for the idea and I will keep everyone posted in case anyone is interested.

On a lightly different note, does anyone from the GTA know of any reasonable priced custom shirt makers in the area? If yes, could you please post a contact number/URL?
    Thank you in advance.

5. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

6. Classic

Classic Senior member

Let us know what you find out from Rosen.
    What is your definition of reasonable? There are places in the GTA that will order a "custom" shirt for around $85.00 per, while others, such as Rosen will often exceed $150.00 per with minimum orders, and with better fabrics costing much more.
    IMO, it comes down to what you expect for your value/dollar equation.

Classic

7. FCS

FCS Senior member

Classic, which tailor could you get it for $85 and how's the quality? That's the labour and the material, right?

Edit: Actually I'm hoping they could accept my own fabrics. Got some nice microfibers from the Queen W. fabri district.

8. Classic

Classic Senior member

FCS, I was not referring to a specific tailor, but was thinking of firms that visit businesses and take the measurements/orders there. In essence, "factory" orders with some personal touches.

Classic