• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes this?

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just a question for all the shoe experts out there.

Who makes this shoe. It is the Shipton and Heneage 'Tudor'.

o-Tudor-light-brown-big.jpg

What sort of quality is it and how does it compare to, say, the Trickers Belgrave?

I'm interested in a pair and would love to know what they're like.

Best regards,

Alexander Scriabin

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
By the way, just so you know, this shoe is from the Shipton and Heneage GENEVA site.

Cheers

ACDoyle

Reaction score
The shoes are made either by Alfred Sargent or Crockett Jones.
They are on sale at the shipton france site for around $285 with free shipping, which is a good deal (i think esp if the pair is made by Crockett Jones)

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would bet they are C&J, bechgrade level though.

TomW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I would bet they are C&J, bechgrade level though.
Based on the stamped information on the inside of the shoe (you have to look at all the colors to find the good pictures) they are Benchgrade C&J, and a good value at $285 or so...

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
I'd also like to know the specific name for that pattern of detailing around the lace of the shoe.

the style is: adelaide semi-brogue. (sic?)

the semibrogue refers to the perforations on the shoe. the adelaide part refers to the leather pattern around the lace.

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I actually just e-mailed the S&H and the shoes are actually made by Grenson. They have open channel stiching and the man I e-mailed rated them somewhere between C&J hand and bench grades.

Would you pick this shoe over the Trickers 1829 Belgrave?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander Scriabin
Hey guys,

I actually just e-mailed the S&H and the shoes are actually made by Grenson. They have open channel stiching and the man I e-mailed rated them somewhere between C&J hand and bench grades.

Would you pick this shoe over the Trickers 1829 Belgrave?

I have a pair of Grenson Masterpieces that I purchased from the Bennies sale that look almost exactly like that shoe but I'm not absolutely sure it's the same model. If so, I would say they are closer to handgrades than benchgrades.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander Scriabin

Who makes this shoe. It is the Shipton and Heneage 'Tudor'.

o-Tudor-light-brown-big.jpg

Pretty sure this is made by Grenson. It looks like one of the medallion patterns that they use. You can check on pediwear or on the grenson website, if they still have one.

see:

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=386

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TomW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TomW
Based on the stamped information on the inside of the shoe (you have to look at all the colors to find the good pictures) they are Benchgrade C&J, and a good value at $285 or so...

Took another look at all of the colors on the Shipton sites and they could be made by either grenson or C&J... some pictures (particularly of the black shoes) have what appears to be the Grenson oval with size and style information... some appear to have C&J markings... I've seen the medallion on the brown pair above on C&J shoes.. have a Westminster semi-brogue with exactly that pattern... have never seen it on a Grenson... however the dark brown and black shoes may have a slightly different medallion... the pictures are small and it's hard to tell for sure.

Dan G

Reaction score
I can't seem to find these on the site. Anyone have a link?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Shipton's modus operandi was to retain the name of the shoe given by the manufacturer. Doesn't that mean there should be a Grenson Tudor out there?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads