• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Who makes these?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw those and was also puzzled by them. They look very similar to some Grenson models though -- both Grenson's sold by PS and through Bennie's. Only difference seems to be the non-channelled sole. It's almost as if the shoes were re-soled; but, that wouldn't make sense if the gold lettering on the bottom (can't quite read it) says "Made in England." Still, I would guess that they are made by Grenson. Perhaps the seller can shed some light on this? Getting some pics of the interior of the shoe and the handwritten size/last info would help too.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am not aware that PS has two lines of English shoes. They have the "Stuart's Choice," which are basically Grenson Masterpieces made to PS designs on a nice banana last. And they have a less expensive line, which is made in Italy. I don't know who makes those. To the best of my knowledge, that's it.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Stuart does offer TWO LINES of English-made shoes whose provenance are both attributed to Grenson.  The Stuart Choice shoes correspond to Masterpieces and retail for $575-625 while the lower line are mostly loafers and loafer-like variations for $385.  The auction in question is from the lower line.  Pretty good quality, but obviously not on the same level as the Masterpieces, or even C&J (bench or handgrade).  Nicer than the Loakes at CT.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of the Paul Stuart lower line Grenson loafers a few years ago. The shoes were not at all impressive and did not wear particularly well. They are certainly not worth $385. I am not even sure they are worth the $99 I paid for them.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does this "second line" go back a long way? I used to get my EG's there (back when they had EGs) and I don't remember a second English line back then.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this "second line" go back a long way?  I used to get my EG's there (back when they had EGs) and I don't remember a second English line back then.
The sole reminded me of the Grenson feathermasters I was looking at not too long ago. Just a thought.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.