• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes the world's best bedsheets?

Boston Tweed

Reaction score
Horns--I've been in the market for some linen sheets. Do you have any specific brands that you recommend? Thanks in advance!

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Restoration Hardware has a thick Belgian linen set that is quite nice. I believe there's a 25% F&F deal on right now.

Linen over cotton without a doubt.

lefty

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Restoration Hardware has a thick Belgian linen set that is quite nice. I believe there's a 25% F&F deal on right now.

Linen over cotton without a doubt.

lefty

I think we've got every set of linen stuff from Restoration Hardware. That would be my first rec. We've bought some from other places, but this is the only place I could recommend at the moment.

vivalet

Reaction score

[COLOR=000080]I manage a retail store that only sells one brand of beds and several brands of high end linens and down including Sferra, Schlossberg/Bonjour, and Christian Fischbacher.

My advice to you about buying linens is this:

Understand the difference in jargon between buying sheets and top of the bed.

1. Buy 3 sets of QUALITY Egyptian Cotton sheets (top sheet, fitted sheet, 2 pillow cases). Know that not all Egyptian Cotton comes from cotton grown from the banks of the Nile River. Buy the real deal from a reputable manufacturer. The reason for buying 3 sets is to rotate them, 1 on the bed, 1 in the laundry, 1 clean and ready to go on the bed.

2 Decide if you want your sheets to be Percal or Sateen weave. The character of Percale is generally 'crisper' and sleeps cooler, while Sateen has a sheen and sleeps warmer.

KNOW THAT THREAD COUNT ONLY MAKES UP A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE OVERALL QUALITY OF A SHEET!

The finest quality sheeting I've seen to date is "Giza 45" by Sferra. It's a relatively new quality that's been available in the market for about 1 year. It's offered in a Percale, Sateen, and Jacquard. It is only available in white or ivory. It's an incredible fabric and was developed conceptually from high count Men's Dress Shirting from Borelli.

Feel free to contact me to purchase any of the linens you see on any of those websites at a discount.

Good luck and I hope this helped.[/COLOR]

fantastic! Thank you!

smART

Reaction score
i don't know too much about the other lines folks are talking about.

i just spent way too much money on sheets, pillows, and a comforter.

i bought bella notte white madera sheets, pillow cases, and duvet cover. they are literally the softest sheets i have ever felt.
i also bought two bella notte linen pillow cases in a gray to change things up a little.
they are made in california which is a plus for me.
*all of the pictures that show bella notte show very shabby chic looks, but you can get plain, without all the fizzle, for lack of a more appropriate word.

then, the task of finding the right pillows and comforter. i went with scandia. they have a lifetime warranty, and every two years, you bring them in and they are sent to the scandia factory to make sure they are holding up. they also come with great packaging.

http://bellanottelinens.com/ --- they do go on sale, but usually around twice a year.

http://www.scandiadown.com/

note: this is coming from someone who spent sums of money on clothes, and currently have $5 target pillows. i am waiting until the rest of my order is in store before i "remake the bed".

now, all the i need is a new bed!!!!

hope this helps.

jenlain

Reaction score
I know the OP was probably looking for advice on linen sheets, but have any of you tried Sheex (they are a kind of spandex underwear material)? I just got a set and am still forming an opinion. My initial impression is positive, but they have some drawbacks and I think it comes down to personal preference.

Pros: soft, they sleep cool, wick away moisture
Cons: feels like they "snag" on every skin imperfection

Cost about $200 and made in USA.

jenlain

Reaction score

I know the OP was probably looking for advice on linen sheets, but have any of you tried Sheex (they are a kind of spandex underwear material)? I just got a set and am still forming an opinion. My initial impression is positive, but they have some drawbacks and I think it comes down to personal preference.
Pros: soft, they sleep cool, wick away moisture
Cons: feels like they "snag" on every skin imperfection
Cost about $200 and made in USA.

decided I like my sheex. so does my woman.

KurtS90

Reaction score
How often do you change out your bedsheets? At the moment, I am rocking 5-6 year old bed sheets on an air mattress.

~Kurt

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My regular supermarket is offering Pratesi (table) linen in their annual coupon collection promo.

Last edited:

JoshOrly

Reaction score
Yves Delorme definitely make some of the best in the world! The prices are high though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads