Who makes the slimmest Dress Shirt, under $120?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by akwit, Apr 11, 2016.

1. akwit

akwit Well-Known Member

I really like Kamakura, but even in their slimmest Tokyo Slim fit, I still feel the chest and arms are a bit baggy and im not a super slim guy.

Of trhe usual suspects in this range (Suit Supply, Kamakura, Proper Cloth, Charles Tyrwhitt, etc), who makes the slimmest fit shirt?

Thanks in advance.

2. akwit

akwit Well-Known Member

3. coldsalmon

coldsalmon Senior member

I haven't shopped for shirts in several months, but the slimmest ones that I have personally found are the "super fitted" shirts from T. M. Lewin. They are the only shirts I've bought that are too slim for me. Out of the "usual suspects" I have tried CT, TM Lewin, Brooks Brothers, and Proper Cloth. Of course Proper Cloth is MTM so you should be able to get them as slim as you like; my PC shirt fits me very well. I think J. Crew also makes extra-small shirts that are very tiny, but they do not have SF cred. Someone with more shirt experience might be able to give you more sage advice, but I can tell you that TM Lewin super-fitted shirts are quite slim.

4. trum01

trum01 Senior member

Charles Tyrwhitt amended their sizing sometime last year - their extra slim fit is now even slimmer. I have both Kamakura and CT, and CT is definitely slimmer.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator