1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes the nicest shoes with a chisel toe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AlexG33, Jul 16, 2013.

1. AlexG33

AlexG33 Senior member

Dear all,

My taste in shoes has been leaning more and more towards the chisel toe. Some of the nicest I have seen are from Japanese bespoke makers but unfortunately I'm too far from Japan to have bespoke shoes made.

I recently wanted to have an Edward Green Shannon MTO on the 888 last but they refuse to make this combination!

So my question is who esle makes lace up boots with chisel toe and in general what are your recommendations for the nicest RTW shoes with chisel toes?

Thanks!

2. Belligero

Belligero Senior member

Vass will do more or less whatever you like with their U-last if you're into the whole squared-off toe thing, and they usually have a few RTW boots in the shop as well.

3. AlexG33

AlexG33 Senior member

Thanks, I'll have a closer look at what they do

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I would also take a look at St Crispin, not RTW but MTO's are typically completed within 8 to 10 weeks.

5. Viral

Viral Senior member

Carmina Simpson or Armoury last..............should be chiseled enough for ya.

6. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Vass U and K last. Hard to come close to their quality at anywhere near their price point.

7. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Vass makes gorgeous shoes, but I'm afraid the symmetrical taper of their toe boxes would not fit me properly, unless they are much more elongated than the pictures I've seen would indicate. Though both are admittedly a step down in quality, I like the C&J 348 and the Carmina Simpson better - aesthetically and likely in terms of fit.

8. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Judging fit from photographs is highly speculative at best. Carmina Simpson doesn't fit me well at all (judging from trying on more than one pair). Rain works quite nicely. Vass U-last is a bit less spacious than the Rain in terms of width, but not as confining as the narrow Simpson.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  9. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

True, and I'll report back on fit once I finally try a pair. That said, I prefer the lasts I mentioned aesthetically and they fit great, so no loss if Vass doesn't work out.

10. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

Personally I think the Anthony Cleverley line is as sleek and chiseled as one could ask for.

11. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Anthony Cleverley will make MTO boot. I also think they have the nicest chisel toe.