Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Who makes the most durable plain black boxer briefs?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The Dentist, May 20, 2013.

1. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

I'm looking for something discreet (No big visible logos or brand names on the band) boxer briefs that are available in Europe. I don't want them to contain any polyester and I don't need a side opening, buttons or anything like that. I also don't want to pay 40 bucks for a single boxer brief. I don't want to have to cold wash them either or be particularly careful with them (as I hear people do with their Zimmerli's...) Any recommendations?

2. wing8tesqw

wing8tesqw Well-Known Member

smartwool - this struck me as stupid or impossible at first.

3. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Hanes

4. jtoddaz

jtoddaz Senior member

CK. yeah, you can't get away from the logo on the waistband, but for black boxer briefs, a go to for me.

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

If you're in the UK, you can do a hell of a lot worse than M&S for basics like this. Actually, basics like this are the only reason I still buy anything these days from M&S, but the point remains: they're relatively cheap, cotton, can be machine-washed/dried, don't fall apart after a few wearings, fit well and don't have particularly flashy logos on them.

Last edited: May 21, 2013

6. SDTall

SDTall New Member

I get the Jockey Go Boxer Briefs and carefully cut the label off. They are very good, the bad side is that it comes paired up with a grey pair. I've asked them to sell them individually. Do the same and maybe they'll make a change. I'd post a link but you can't get a direct link for some reason...

I *really* wish you could just get underwear that didn't look like a racecar with all the logos, awful. I have spent countless time trying to find another option when these recently went out of stock, it's nearly impossible.