Who makes the most durable dark coloured sneakers?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by The Dentist, Apr 27, 2013.

1. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm in the market for some sneakers, every day shoes if you will. I'm quite aware that sneakers are never elegant but I don't want to look like a pimp. I'm looking for something discreet, probably black or very dark grey that will last me a really long time. I prefer to save up money to buy brogues, mocs and such when I can and so I'd rather not have to replace my sneakers very often. In my experience most sneakers I have had lasted a year and sometimes less, I'm looking for something I can wear in the rain, in the snow, in the dirt, everywhere, everyday and that still has a chance of going strong in a couple of years. Is this an impossible task? I do not know, but perhaps someone here will have some recommendations!
    Thanks!

- The Dentist

2. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Rick Owens Dunks

3. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Rick Owens is not known for the brand's durability.

4. The Dentist

Does anyone know durable shoe brands?

5. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

In terms of cost per wear, I'd say MIUSA New Balance is probably your best bet. e.g. custom 574 in whatever color you like. Spray them to better protect against the elements.

Visvim and Common Projects rate highly in terms of durability, but they probably won't last long enough to justify the cost difference if, as you say, you'd rather save for other shoes.

There are also brands like Merrell and Keen which are built really well but are also pretty hideous.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013

6. The Dentist

Thanks Hoodyear. These are a bit too sporty though, style wise I was looking for something a bit like this maybe:

http://img01.zerogrey.com/upload/alberto-guardiani/images/SU66336H-AS00_01_big.jpg

7. The Dentist

Any ideas?