1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Who makes the most comfortable slippers?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by sdsurfer, Jan 8, 2017.

1. sdsurfer

sdsurfer Well-Known Member

Okay I know this question is quite subjective but I'm on the market for some very comfortable, cozy, and classy slippers for around the house. I've had Uggs (Romeo model) and a few others but I really want to take it up a notch as far as style and quality are concerned.

2. Rowland

Rowland Well-Known Member

That´s a good question, I never thought about it.

3. Rowland

Rowland Well-Known Member

Thanks, could you recommend a particular model or brand?

4. Bostonfellow

Bostonfellow Member

Take a look at Draper of Glastonbury made "Anton", sheepskin suede slippers in many colors, also made by them and branded Derek Rose. Available directly from Draper in the UK, from Pediwear at lower price, from O'Connell's in various fabrics, from Mr. Porter under the Derek Rose brand. Note the UK sizing, so UK 11 equals about US 11.5. Classic, warm, durable for around the house as you seek.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017

5. sdsurfer

Thank you for the suggestion. I bought some Draper of Glastonbury "Anton" in blue suede. Since I will wear them outside from time to time I got my cobbler (not sure if that term is still used in modern day) to put thin Vibram soles on the heel and front. I also sprayed them down with H2O protectant. I did like how much Uggs came up higher on the top part of the shoe so I am still adjusting to that. However, the Uggs did not have a heel and after walking around in them sometimes my heels would hurt.

6. Bostonfellow

Bostonfellow Member

Sounds good SDSufer. Keep in mind for future that Draper also makes a model called "Albert" which has a higher "tongue" and also has applied rubber sole pads already. O'Connell's carries those. There are also the Philip and Keith models that have full hard sole. Enjoy!

7. Enterpriser

Enterpriser New Member

8. Bostonfellow

Bostonfellow Member

Agreed. The Haflinger Grizzly have a hard sole, and are available with sheepskin lining if you like. I do not get as good a fit in Glesswein, so I stick with Haflinger.

9. sdsurfer

Well it's winter again and time to ask once again if anyone has recommendations for high quality, extremely comfortable slipper. I actually did not end up wearing the Draper of Glastonbury "Anton" much at all because they were too narrow and my feet are wide (especially in the toe box area). I ended up buying more Uggs Romeos and the quality is horrible compared to the ones I received as a gift almost a decade ago.

Any suggestions?

10. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior Member

11. sdsurfer

12. Omega Male

Omega Male Senior Member

I'd say more on the wider side -- they're not tight by any means.