1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes the best Henley style shirts/t-shirts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deepandgreen, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Arek

Arek Active Member

LVC has a 1920's style henley for it's spring/summer collection.

2. canuckmuse

canuckmuse New Member

@jmaudi0Homespun Knitwear makes some of the most durable and warm henleys out there. Order a size up if you're looking for a non-layering shirt. They fit quite snug.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  3. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  4. Tuga

Tuga Member

Does anyone else think that henley's look weird on men with slim shoulders? I'm basing this on personal experience. For that reason I am looking for a thicker, more full henley. Any recommendations?

I really like this one, but they only have XS --> http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23008736

5. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Gotta put in a good word for Merz b Schwanen. Very small operation, everything is made on their premises by a handful of people, using the original vintage machinery for circular knitting. Peter Plotnicki is an incredibly passionate person and he won't settle for anything that's not right. I love the shirts, materials, fit and details.

6. vkn1

vkn1 Active Member

If I could bring this thread back to life, I would love to hear what people's recommendations are for henleys in 2017.

I've seen the Merz Schwanen garments and they are very nice, but luxury priced, and therefore something a bit out of the range I would think most of us are going for. I want to be able to buy 8 of these things (short and long sleeve) for under 500 bucks, not over a G.

American Apparel is gone now. Uniqlo doesn't seem to have any on their web site at the moment. A couple other names mentioned in the thread are also luxury items rather than high quality for the regular guy. I personally am not able to get J Crew at sensible costs after shipping and import tariffs coming into Europe where I live.

Anyone else have further suggestions? Any recommendations on high quality mid-priced henleys 2017 would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  7. ub3rmike

ub3rmike Member

Pistol Lake is my go to. Their stuff is made in Los Angeles, they're priced pretty decently (40-45 dollars for ss/ls, 35-40 if you're preordering on a short run), the organic cotton jersey they use is super comfortable and they did a lot of work trying to nail the sizing down.

8. Grimm Brinkmann

Grimm Brinkmann New Member

@vkn1

Try the SCHIESSER REVIVAL Range, best materials, vintage cuts, german engeneering = deadly cool ;o) - btw for the colder seasons I highly recommend the model ERICH, I have both (navy & olive) & rate them even above my Merz B. Schwanen ... Classic fit, tight, long, true to the size - you can't go wrong w/ SCHIESSER (engl: Shooter).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017