• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Who makes suits for Saks 5th Ave?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The local Saks Off 5th is holding a suit while I decide whether or not to buy and I'm curious who made it. The salesman was unable to tell me so I'm hoping someone on the forum will know.

The suit is very nice: 6 x 2 double-breasted, side vented, peaked lapels, gray nailhead Loro Piana super 120s fabric, full canvas with fused lapels (chest piece is stitched, not fused), machine stitched despite a label saying "Hand Made in Italy", working buttonholes but sleeve length is perfect. Size is Euro 50L, so it's a good fit for me. Needed alterations would include taking in the waist (1-2") and seat of the trousers, cuffing the trousers, removing some fabric from under the collar, and taking in the back from the center seam. Cost after 25% discount would be $450 plus tax. Construction quality seems on par with or slightly better than Polo Blue Label.

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
The local Saks Off 5th is holding a suit while I decide whether or not to buy and I'm curious who made it. The salesman was unable to tell me so I'm hoping someone on the forum will know.

The suit is very nice: 6 x 2 double-breasted, side vented, peaked lapels, gray nailhead Loro Piana super 120s fabric, full canvas with fused lapels (chest piece is stitched, not fused), machine stitched despite a label saying "Hand Made in Italy", working buttonholes but sleeve length is perfect. Size is Euro 50L, so it's a good fit for me. Needed alterations would include taking in the waist (1-2") and seat of the trousers, cuffing the trousers, removing some fabric from under the collar, and taking in the back from the center seam. Cost after 25% discount would be $450 plus tax. Construction quality seems on par with or slightly better than Polo Blue Label.

Thinman

That's a good question. I have wondered that myself. I bought a Saks housebrand this winter and really enjoy it. So while I don't know who makes it, I would certainly endorse it considering the price. FWIW, I think you will be pleased (based on my limited experience with the suit).

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was told about a 2 years ago that Belvest was the maker.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 115 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%