1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Who makes suits for Saks 5th Ave?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thinman, May 11, 2006.

1. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

The local Saks Off 5th is holding a suit while I decide whether or not to buy and I'm curious who made it. The salesman was unable to tell me so I'm hoping someone on the forum will know.

The suit is very nice: 6 x 2 double-breasted, side vented, peaked lapels, gray nailhead Loro Piana super 120s fabric, full canvas with fused lapels (chest piece is stitched, not fused), machine stitched despite a label saying "Hand Made in Italy", working buttonholes but sleeve length is perfect. Size is Euro 50L, so it's a good fit for me. Needed alterations would include taking in the waist (1-2") and seat of the trousers, cuffing the trousers, removing some fabric from under the collar, and taking in the back from the center seam. Cost after 25% discount would be $450 plus tax. Construction quality seems on par with or slightly better than Polo Blue Label.

2. ranchsooner

ranchsooner Senior Member

The local Saks Off 5th is holding a suit while I decide whether or not to buy and I'm curious who made it. The salesman was unable to tell me so I'm hoping someone on the forum will know.

The suit is very nice: 6 x 2 double-breasted, side vented, peaked lapels, gray nailhead Loro Piana super 120s fabric, full canvas with fused lapels (chest piece is stitched, not fused), machine stitched despite a label saying "Hand Made in Italy", working buttonholes but sleeve length is perfect. Size is Euro 50L, so it's a good fit for me. Needed alterations would include taking in the waist (1-2") and seat of the trousers, cuffing the trousers, removing some fabric from under the collar, and taking in the back from the center seam. Cost after 25% discount would be $450 plus tax. Construction quality seems on par with or slightly better than Polo Blue Label.

Thinman

That's a good question. I have wondered that myself. I bought a Saks housebrand this winter and really enjoy it. So while I don't know who makes it, I would certainly endorse it considering the price. FWIW, I think you will be pleased (based on my limited experience with the suit).

3. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Distinguished Member

I was told about a 2 years ago that Belvest was the maker.