• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Who makes shoes for Canali?

lpresq

Reaction score
Are they made by Sutor, Ferragamo, Santoni, or ???

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just use the search function

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has indeed been discussed before. The shoes were definitely made by Campanile before and some seem to now be made by Peluso. I have a few pairs of Canali and I now believe they may not all be made by the same manufacturer. Unless you speak to a Canali rep or go to one of their boutiques, you won't get a straight answer from a salesperson.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never understood these types of replies. Did the two of you search, find the answer, and then not respond? Do you know the answer and just don't want to say it? What is the point of the comment?

OP: At the bottom of the page are other posts with similar titles. According to one of them, Canali's shoes are made by Campanile.

lpresq

Reaction score
Seriously, is this really a big deal? It would be one thing to ask whether Santoni shoes are made in Italy or whether there is a Barney's in NYC, but my question is is justified, as there is no clear-cut answer posted. If you don't like the question, simply do not respond.

That said, thanks to those that have shed light on my original post.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Nordstrom's (Indianapolis) SA said Canali makes their own shoes at their factory in Italy

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
This has indeed been discussed before. The shoes were definitely made by Campanile before and some seem to now be made by Peluso. I have a few pairs of Canali and I now believe they may not all be made by the same manufacturer. Unless you speak to a Canali rep or go to one of their boutiques, you won't get a straight answer from a salesperson.

Is that because they don't know, or because they don't want you to know?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
A Nordstrom's (Indianapolis) SA said Canali makes their own shoes at their factory in Italy

Goo, Nordstrom employees have no formal training on their product and tend to know nothing.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Salespeople in large stores know next to nothing about who makes what shoes, suits...

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be skeptical about Campanile as the answer. Campanile run very large, but Canali always marked in EU (not UK) sizes and always fit true to size. I was laways impressed with their finish and lasts and consider Canali to be a better value than Church , Grenson Rose Coll. or even some C&J.

NiFTY

Reaction score
i agree, they are great shoes, but i have no idea about who makes them for canali

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty

Wait, what? I live in Indy and have never seen Canali shoes in either store. Which store did you find the shoes?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Wait, what? I live in Indy and have never seen Canali shoes in either store. Which store did you find the shoes?

They are at the Fashion Mall ([email protected] the Crossing)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40