1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes Ralph Lauren Sanderson, Singleton and Slaton shoe lines?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jerrybrowne, Jul 25, 2010.

1. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

I ordered the snuff suede Sanderson during the sale.

2. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I believe its the MacNeil because its very similar to the Alden Longwing.

3. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

It is a longwing but on a different pattern on a diffrent last.

4. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I think they're equivalent to the new longwings in the "Independence" collection.

5. Cuttingboard

I'm confused, is the RL Sanderson an AE MacNeil or an Alden Longwing? I keep hearing conflicting information,

6. REguy

REguy Senior member

RL Sandersons are made by AE. They are on a different last and have a different pattern than AEs stock MacNeil longwing. Polo does not carry any shoes made by Alden.

7. Cuttingboard

Many thanks, I didn't think that RL carried Alden products but when I hear "Longwings" I automatically think of the Alden Longwing.

8. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Got some sandersons and I think they are amazing. I like the last better than AE's, the leather seems slightly better and the double leather soles are a nice touch. Probably not worth the premium at retail but on sale they are a steal!

9. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I picked up some Slaton Calf Cap-toes at the latest sale. Great deal on sale, but at regular price not nearly the quality as my Aldens.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  10. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Are the Slaton's double leather soled also? The RL mansion didn't have most of the "made in USA" shoes in stores and had to order my sandersons for me. Similarly, they didn't have any Slatons in stock.

11. furo

furo Senior member

I found some Singleton loafers today that had a white nubuck toe section (not the entire upper, just the section on the top of the foot). They don't seem to be AE, but does anyone know for sure?

I'm guessing they may be that company bought by AE?

12. Cedric

Cedric Senior member

Saw a pair of Sandersons walnut on sale today for $250.
    They are identical to AE's Larchmonts.

13. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I have received Ralph Lauren Saunders from amazon. Top quality and flawless as most of RL shoes. I have Sanderson wingtip and singleton penny in US8 D. They are narrow as. Specially Sanderson wingtip. And I went through a painful process stretching them. My perfect size is US8 EEE. So I ordered the Saunders boot in US 8.5 D to compensate my wide feet. Holly *hit. These are even narrower than Sanderson wingtip and still a bit tight around the toe area. They will stretch eventually after 10-20 wears(double leather sole). It will be a painful process. Even though these Rl shoes are marked as D but they are more of a B .I am waiting for Slaton Cap Toe to arrive. Will report back about the fit .I have ordered US8.5 D on them … hopefully they are not too narrow as the other RL shoes.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012