• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes Prada Suits

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that their higher-end and MTM suits are made by Belvest, or at least were at one time. Does anybody know who makes their lower end (mostly fused) line?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have made a post on how I asked a manager in Prada who makes their suits, and she said "we have our own factory" but we all know what would have happened if I did that.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
I would have made a post on how I asked a manager in Prada who makes their suits, and she said "we have our own factory" but we all know what would have happened if I did that.

Yes, might not have gone over well.

Anyway, typically the top-end suits are still Belvest and the entry-level are Cantarelli. Nevertheless, Prada continually searches out ways to cut its cost to shrink its giant debt, so I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them come out with an "entry-entry-level" made by an even cheaper maker. As of last summer, when I was last in a Prada epicenter... they were still by the two previously mentioned makers.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Prada suit at the great Saks meltdown on 08, list was like 1900 bucks, so I know it wasn't a Belvest.

I think it's half canvassed, it feels as nice as my Canterelli jackets from Faconable, but no where near as well made as my RL Black/Purple Label.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Get this: at a recent party, for the fun of it
devil.gif
, I asked this exact same question to a person who I know that works at a higher retail store (I had applied to work in this very same store and was denied). His answer was priceless, "they have their own place in Montreal and make them there" hahahahahahaha. True story. I kid you not!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seems that 2k is the cutoff at retail for a belvest made one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads