1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who makes Norstrom's shirts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mystillwater, Mar 23, 2009.

1. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

I bought a few shirts on the BS&T forum and one of them was a Nordstrom brand Smartcare Non-Iron shirt. It's labeled "Made in Malaysia". I really liked the fit and they seem to be well made. I was curious who makes these? I assume they are private labeled for a more well-know shirt company.

2. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

I doubt it. I believe Nordstrom does its own stuff in its own factories. If not, their shirts are not done by anyone well-known. I am only speaking of their rtw, I forget who does their MTM.

3. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Senior member

I bought a few shirts on the BS&T forum and one of them was a Nordstrom brand Smartcare Non-Iron shirt. It's labeled "Made in Malaysia". I really liked the fit and they seem to be well made. I was curious who makes these? I assume they are private labeled for a more well-know shirt company.

Give it a few washings and you might change your tune. My Nordstrom shirts shrink like crazy and my Brooks Brothers shirts are still in the same condition as the day I bought them.

4. mdg137

mdg137 Senior member

Ive only had the "John W Nordstrom" shirts, but I found them quite nice-- MOP buttons, lateral sleeve placket buttonholes, etc.

5. goodall

goodall Active Member

I agree with RichmondStyle. They shrink a lot. Nothing special about their shirts IMO.

6. sweep

sweep Well-Known Member

I have a couple made in Hong Kong shirts in an oxford weave, and the quality seems pretty average. I doubt it's made by a brand-name company. Besides, most of the brand-name companies in that price range themselves outsource their manufacturing.