Who makes Norstrom's shirts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mystillwater, Mar 23, 2009.

1. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

I bought a few shirts on the BS&T forum and one of them was a Nordstrom brand Smartcare Non-Iron shirt. It's labeled "Made in Malaysia". I really liked the fit and they seem to be well made. I was curious who makes these? I assume they are private labeled for a more well-know shirt company.

2. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

I doubt it. I believe Nordstrom does its own stuff in its own factories. If not, their shirts are not done by anyone well-known. I am only speaking of their rtw, I forget who does their MTM.

3. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Senior member

I bought a few shirts on the BS&T forum and one of them was a Nordstrom brand Smartcare Non-Iron shirt. It's labeled "Made in Malaysia". I really liked the fit and they seem to be well made. I was curious who makes these? I assume they are private labeled for a more well-know shirt company.

Give it a few washings and you might change your tune. My Nordstrom shirts shrink like crazy and my Brooks Brothers shirts are still in the same condition as the day I bought them.

4. mdg137

mdg137 Senior member

Ive only had the "John W Nordstrom" shirts, but I found them quite nice-- MOP buttons, lateral sleeve placket buttonholes, etc.

5. goodall

goodall Active Member

I agree with RichmondStyle. They shrink a lot. Nothing special about their shirts IMO.

6. sweep

sweep Well-Known Member

I have a couple made in Hong Kong shirts in an oxford weave, and the quality seems pretty average. I doubt it's made by a brand-name company. Besides, most of the brand-name companies in that price range themselves outsource their manufacturing.