• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes Lanvin dress shoes?

NewConvert

Reaction score
I am curious as to who is making Lanvin dress shoes these days. I say some great Lanvin shoes on STF and they are said to be retalied at $1000 but I don't know who makes them and why they would be sold for that much. Are they in the same category as Zegna Couture or Tom Ford? Can anybody help me out with the Lanvin producers here?

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, don't know about who makes them, but what kind of shoes are they—I have only ever seen trainers and Roman sandals from them! (Don't like their trainers, love their sandals—although, they only work with all black, casual! :/)
Lavin-Macram%C3%A9-and-Leather-Sandal-1.jpg

Jangofett

Reaction score
Got a few Lanvins from their top range Lucas designed collection and not the H & M stuff.
Got their dress shoes, casual shoes and sneakers.
Nice, fun fashion shoes, although a bit costly for the entire range.
Dont think their construction is the equivalent of Sutors who did shoes for ZC.

What you showed is from their 15 Fauborg collection, which is a step down from their Lucas stuff.
Got those too.

So even more unlikely its done by some top shoe maker like Sutor or GG or CJ etc.
So buy it if you like it, but dont think you are getting the best bang for your buck.
Although the materials used like leather, suede etc feels nice and luxurious, these aren't the ZC or TF.

windrunner

Reaction score
Like the post above, I was told by the US rep of Scarpe De Bianco at his place in NYC that high end Lanvin is made Sutor

NewConvert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Got a few Lanvins from their top range Lucas designed collection and not the H & M stuff.
Got their dress shoes, casual shoes and sneakers.
Nice, fun fashion shoes, although a bit costly for the entire range.
Dont think their construction is the equivalent of Sutors who did shoes for ZC.

What you showed is from their 15 Fauborg collection, which is a step down from their Lucas stuff.
Got those too.

So even more unlikely its done by some top shoe maker like Sutor or GG or CJ etc.
So buy it if you like it, but dont think you are getting the best bang for your buck.
Although the materials used like leather, suede etc feels nice and luxurious, these aren't the ZC or TF.

So , you are saying that the ones I showed above are not the top quality? They retail at $1000 and they are from STF. Ian doesn't sell junk. Are you sure? He has them listed and priced at the same as the Sutors. And the sole is done the same way as the rest of the Sutors. Here is the link and you can see the soles.

http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-8873-...size-9-us.aspx

Now these are some Sutors he is selling as well:

http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-37420...size-9-us.aspx

Which ones are better ya'll?

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewConvert
So , you are saying that the ones I showed above are not the top quality? They retail at $1000 and they are from STF. Ian doesn't sell junk. Are you sure? He has them listed and priced at the same as the Sutors. And the sole is done the same way as the rest of the Sutors. Here is the link and you can see the soles.

http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-8873-...size-9-us.aspx

Now these are some Sutors he is selling as well:

http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-37420...size-9-us.aspx

Which ones are better ya'll?

The ones you are showing has 15 Fauborg under Lanvin.
Based on Lanvin's hierachy, thats one notch below Lanvin by Lucas although the 15 are more your typical Lanvin menswear.

Still good stuff though. The shirts have MOP buttons and nice cotton fabrics. The 15 also has some nice details trickled from the Lanvin by Lucas and are not as flamboyant or Lanvin cutting edge. They arent junk. I dont think Lanvin makes those licensed crap stuff anymore.

Anyway, I thought the good Sutors have blue painted soles?

NewConvert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
The ones you are showing has 15 Fauborg under Lanvin.
Based on Lanvin's hierachy, thats one notch below Lanvin by Lucas although the 15 are more your typical Lanvin menswear.

Still good stuff though. The shirts have MOP buttons and nice cotton fabrics. The 15 also has some nice details trickled from the Lanvin by Lucas and are not as flamboyant or Lanvin cutting edge. They arent junk. I dont think Lanvin makes those licensed crap stuff anymore.

Anyway, I thought the good Sutors have blue painted soles?

Don't know if the blue painted Sutors are the good stuff. Maybe someone else here can comment? I like both of these shoes but the leather and overall look of the Lanvin shoes just appeal to me a bit more than the other Sutor shoes. I just think the Lanvin shoes look a bit more elegant.

croosifyd

Reaction score
This is my first post and I too wondered about the quality of Lanvin Italian made shoes. I purchased two pair from Barneys http://www.barneys.com/Lanvin-Perforated-Cap-Toe-Blucher/502203407,default,pd.html?cgid=men&index=0

It was commented that these were possibly made by Sutor Mantellassi. I did a little perusing of my own and at minimum found a few similarities between Sutor and Lanvin--specifically on the sole.

The tacking used on the toe of the sole is identical on both which is somewhat unusual--my experience is limited to shoes that I own, CJ, John Varvatos, Lanvin, Gucci, Ermenegildo Zegna, Paul Smith, Surface To Air, Santoni, To Boot New York and John Lobb.

I liked the aesthetics of the shoe and they appear to be of decent quality. Not sure they constitute the $1045 I paid for them though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads