• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Who Makes Kevin O'Leary's Ties? (For Canadians)

tonylamer

Reaction score
Does anyone know the maker of O'Leary's ties? He has a two- or three-tie rotation in primary colours. He seems to wear the yellow one every day. Looks like it might be a grenadine. Any ideas?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know the maker of O'Leary's ties? He has a two- or three-tie rotation in primary colours. He seems to wear the yellow one every day. Looks like it might be a grenadine. Any ideas?

Why would you care? O'Leary is a terrible dresser...

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. Though I do love the man on Shark Tank!

Yes, he's awesome on that show. However it seems that he and Daymond John have a contest going: who can pull off a worse version of "modern" formal wear. They each look like they're going to prom or a Hollywood award show.

I still think Robert is the only one on that show who can dress, FWIW.

capua

Reaction score

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Robert's dress is tolerable, but still bad. He would be a lot better if he would just refrain from matching his pocket square to his tie.
This quote from O'Leary in Toronto Life makes me cringe: "I wear a suit every single day: Tom Ford or Prada. I have roughly 50 at a time, and they all fit perfectly." Notice the square toed loafers from Aldo in his picture.
http://www.torontolife.com/daily/style/from-the-print-edition/2011/11/01/the-list-kevin-oleary/

This season I don't think I've seen Robert in a tie on the episodes I've watched. He just actually has suits that fit and his colors are far more interesting than Cuban's (and I don't like a DB suit w/o a tie). I've often wondered whether his are also TF since they have the five-button cuff I typically see on his suits.

prostyle

Reaction score

Hermes paris

But on dragons den its tom ford

PaisleySnail

Reaction score
Robert's dress is tolerable, but still bad. He would be a lot better if he would just refrain from matching his pocket square to his tie.
This quote from O'Leary in Toronto Life makes me cringe: "I wear a suit every single day: Tom Ford or Prada. I have roughly 50 at a time, and they all fit perfectly." Notice the square toed loafers from Aldo in his picture.
http://www.torontolife.com/daily/style/from-the-print-edition/2011/11/01/the-list-kevin-oleary/
This will also make you cringe:

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, I'm pretty sure the loafers are Prada, which as we know here is a rich man's Aldo...

SuitMyself

Reaction score

Solid black suit (and it looks far too long on him) with a solid red shirt AND black square toe shoes?
WTseriousF? :butbut:

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably someone who loves to hand out royalties left and right.

SuitMyself

Reaction score

Yes, he's awesome on that show. However it seems that he and Daymond John have a contest going: who can pull off a worse version of "modern" formal wear. They each look like they're going to prom or a Hollywood award show.

I still think Robert is the only one on that show who can dress, FWIW.
Robert Herjavec used to be a salesman at Harry Rosen way back in the day.

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This season I don't think I've seen Robert in a tie on the episodes I've watched. He just actually has suits that fit and his colors are far more interesting than Cuban's (and I don't like a DB suit w/o a tie). I've often wondered whether his are also TF since they have the five-button cuff I typically see on his suits.
Yes, he's usually in TF.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%