• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes Borelli shoes?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the thread about Borelli at Downtown Crossing, but there's nothing left except four pairs of loafers and a pair of suede ankle boots.

What would be the quality of these, and what would be a good price for them?

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Mantellassi, not Santoni

Ahh, I wasn't sure to put down.

Thanks Again. I knew it was one of 'em...

Why buy Borrelli when you can get the acutal make; Mantellassi.

pejsek

Reaction score
Why buy Borrelli when you can get the acutal make; Mantellassi.[/quote]

I think I may agree with this, but one thing to keep in mind is that Borrelli may not simply be selling rebranded Mantellassis. Borrelli probably has Mantellassi make the shoes according to their specifications--which may be higher or lower or stylistically different than own-branded Mantellassis. The shoes StefanoBi makes for Domenico Vacca might be a useful comparison. From what I've read here, for example, the Vacca-branded shoes may be made to higher specifications than the standard StefanoBis.
Mantellassi seem to be very nice shoes; I've never seen a Borrelli shoe.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering that Mantellassi has a number of price points, I wonder exactly how Borrelli shoes compare to forum favorites like EG and Lobb. (i.e., the quest to determine whether Polo C&Js were handgrade or not)

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
Actually you all might be right! I was told by the salesman at the Borrelli store on Worth Ave in Palm Beach that currently (summerof 05) Mantelassi was making the shoes but they would be switching over to Santoni in the near future. I am not sure if that has happened yet...
In addition I own only 1 pair of Mantelassi's (which our great shoes) but rarely see them anywhere and when I do only one or two different pairs. The Borrelli store in NYC had at least 15 different lace ups and loafers in stock back in January all of with had the same sole and nail markings of my Mantellassi's

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own one pair of Borrelli. They are the Mantellassi and are really nice.

I have seen the Vacca StefanoBis, and there are two levels I think - one regular and one with a really beveled waist, which looked great.

Borrelli, Style: 871, Color: Nero

borrelli012mediumdn6.jpg

borrelli011mediumkr7.jpg

borrelli013mediumil0.jpg

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might anyone have any idea about the quality of those Borrellis reported at Downtown Crossing?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
23_T.jpg

These are what are displayed on the Borrelli website. Anyone have an idea about their quality compared to the more "common" English brands here?

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get Borrelli shoes serviced? Mantelassi won't service them.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duff_Man
Anyone know where to get Borrelli shoes serviced? Mantelassi won't service them.

They made them but wont service them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads