• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes better T-shirts? Uniqlo or American Apparel (or other)?

chiggachu

Reaction score
I am a fan of simple, cheap, fitted T-shirts that are colorful and one step up from Hanes or FOTL.

AA is the obvious choice, and while I only own one of their Fine Jersey Tees, I think it's cut perfectly (shorter sleeves, slimmer torso, longer length).

I recently picked up a couple Uniqlo Tees for $5 each and I must say they are just as comfortable. The fit is a little looser, but I can live with it.

Are there any other opinions on this matter?

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of James Perse. Super comfy and soft and the fit is great.

chiggachu

Reaction score
maybe I should have specified - I'm looking for budget tees. James perse would probably run me about $30, no?

Bungee Man

Reaction score
I just picked up some AA t's. I got a 3 pack of organic cotton crew necks. 3 for 36 bucks. The fit on them is great. More fitted than any Gap, J. Crew, or BR t that I have had. Construction seems to be good for the price too.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer Uniqlo. They hold their shape better, and some days a boxier cut looks good with a rugged Americana-type outfit.

However the best would be a combination of both, so you can alternate silhouettes.

Does Uniqlo ever have an online store? It's so hard to get their clothes in North America.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
c and c california!

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
C+C cotton is super soft but I couldnt tell you if the price is worth for the way the shirt is going to be worn. Personally I go for 2xist shirts at discount resellers for about $12 a three pack. If you decide to go this route size up, they shirnk a size.

Kane

Reaction score
Any of you have stuff from Continental Clothing? It looks like another American Apparel; however, I think they originated in Europe. Website at www.continentalclothing.com At the very least, they have hot female models.
smile.gif

chiggachu

Reaction score
C+C is way too expensive for a basic tee.

Continental clothing looks appealing, but where do you even get the stuff?

I just might have to hit up an AA in manhattan this weekend...those ribbed henleys are making me salivate.

bigsink

Reaction score
Does anyone know the measurements of the uniqlo tee's?
Length?

Cali

Reaction score
I have been looking for a shirt that fits like AA but just a tad wider in the shoulders

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i quite like the uniqlo v necks and regular tees

dunno about AA tho... 4.90 is hard to beat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics