• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Who makes a good wallet under $100?

Aperipan

Reaction score
Not a big fan of brand names like Gucci, Ferragamo, Bally, etc... mostly because of the inordinate abundance of replicas out there.

I just want a well made wallet, hand crafted in the United States of calf, non-exotic, leather. Have any of you had a good experience with quality leather goods from a certain vendor? Online recommendation is preferred. Just a simple bi-fold or tri-fold is all I need.

Thank you in advance.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there have been exactly 1000 topics in the past asking exactly the same question. A search might find them.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
If you want good quality leather for that price, your best bet would be to look outside of the 'fashion brands' and to leather-oriented types of places. something local maybe?

fitandfunction

Reaction score
tumi

Originally Posted by Aperipan
Not a big fan of brand names like Gucci, Ferragamo, Bally, etc... mostly because of the inordinate abundance of replicas out there.

I just want a well made wallet, hand crafted in the United States of calf, non-exotic, leather. Have any of you had a good experience with quality leather goods from a certain vendor? Online recommendation is preferred. Just a simple bi-fold or tri-fold is all I need.

Thank you in advance.

Coler

Reaction score
Couple of these (the front pocket types - look nice too) are under US 100 if you can get past the eh slightly pretentious front end :

http://braithwaitewallets.com/wallets

Have to order now and wait until March 2009 for shipping mind you but I suspect you won't get anything quite as nice/little bit unique at that price.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tons of new, unused wallet bargains on ebay. I like to find names of english manufacturers of high-end attaches and such, and see what wallets from them are on ebay. They usually go less than $50 and are of the utmost quality.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40