• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes a good polo?

cwh812

Reaction score
You guys probably don't dabble much in golf polos, but I'd like to throw Nike's Tiger Woods collection out there. They are great quality shirts that definitely have substantial material, but are still very breathable. Most of them are mercerized cotton.

I play a fair amount of golf and have about 15 of these. They are great on the golf course, but I also often wear them as casual polos. There is also a wide selection of colors and patterns and they don't have the Nike or Tiger logo as seen on TV.

They'll run you about $70-$80 per shirt, but I think their versatility is well worth the price. I have no problem throwing on one of these with khakis on a summer Friday in my business casual work environment.

Night Owl

Reaction score
I bought some Joseph Abboud and like them. No logo, good fit, good fabric.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hickey have become my favorite, along with classic RL custom fit

factorial

Reaction score
I also like the Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece slim fit Performance Knit polos. They're a nice length that can be worn either tucked or untucked, and the slim fit I think is good for the average guy who is neither overweight nor a twig. The material is a nice soft, thick weave that your nipples won't show through (a problem for cheaper/thinner polos). They aren't outrageously priced normally, but they can be had at a pretty good deal end of season (I picked up 3 long sleeves for about $30-35 each in February, which I was very pleased with).

Hany

Reaction score
I think highest quality for price is Lacoste and I will continue to buy and wear them regardless of public image due to my appreciation of classicism.

aleeboy

Reaction score
I really like the new stuff that RL is putting out. Fitted with just the right lengths. I recentl bought a Gant polo in, would you believe it, small. Fits just like a large fitted Polo. Very happy with it. The logo is not distinct and the weave is very fine.

Luddite

Reaction score
I like the Fred Perry M12 (original 60s cut, made in England) a lot. Never tried the Japanese ones. Never want to try the "made somewhere" (China? Hong Kong?) ones, based on what I've heard.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Balentyne polos are great, if you get them cheap.
loro Piana makes a nice polo shirt as well.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton
I recently bought a couple of the BB GF slim fit polo's that are pretty good. Their like 2 for $99 I think.

+1. They are great and they go on sale often. I think I picked up 3 for $99.

mikemas22

Reaction score
i've had very good experiences with Polosophy, they're bespoke and can be ordered very classic which I suppose will be to the SF members' liking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads