• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who made this RLPL sportscoat?

le.gentleman

Reaction score
I am not sure you produced this linen-cotton sportscoat for RLPL - just from the label it seems to me it was made by Corneliani
What do you think? The button holes are machine made btw.

Thanks for your help!

dsc05565ep7.jpg

dsc05566dj8.jpg

dsc05568va8.jpg

dsc05569zb5.jpg

dsc05572oz6.jpg

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was only aware of RLPL being produced by Canterelli or Saint Andrews, but the below are right the tag looks like a Caruso.

phdude

Reaction score
+1 for caruso. label looks the same as a black label in my closet.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phdude
+1 for caruso. label looks the same as a black label in my closet.

+10, that is 100% a Caruso label. Nice find.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Ralph!

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caruso - same as Black Label.

le.gentleman

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help so far, it is very much appreciated! If that's a Caruso label ( and I believe you that it is) then the 3rd pic under Corneliani in this thread http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...35&postcount=1 is probably also a Caruso too, not a Corneliani - what do you think? In case it is made by Caruso, the guide should be corrected. Moreover, the label posted under "Zegna"(made for Dunhill) looks like it was made by Caruso as well.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thats quite interesting. I have a RLPL blazer with the same tag, and the material of your coat leads me to believe it is a blazer as well. I wonder if Caruso also a contract to do RLPL odd coats? Or at least I wasn't familiar with Caruso doing anything more than RLBL for Ralphy.

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by le.gentleman
the 3rd pic under Corneliani in this thread http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...35&postcount=1

is probably also a Caruso too, not a Corneliani - what do you think? In case it is made by Caruso, the guide should be corrected.

Moreover, the label posted under "Zegna"(made for Dunhill) looks like it was made by Caruso as well.

you are correct.. these are all Caruso
I believe they last made for Dunhill in 2006 or so..

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not sure you produced this linen-cotton sportscoat for RLPL - just from the label it seems to me it was made by Corneliani

How odd. The label is the same as Black Label, which is Caruso... but I wasn't aware Caruso made for RLPL. Usually RLPL is either St Andrews or Cantarelli. Maybe now the Caruso is doing stuff for RL Black, he's also using them for a few select RL pieces?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is also the same tag that is found in Adriano and Sons.
I have quite a bit of Caruso, there is no doubt that is what it is.
Good for you, Caruso is bad ass.
I can not speak to the level they make RL Black to, but the RC and A&S brands are very very high quality.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help so far, it is very much appreciated!

If that's a Caruso label ( and I believe you that it is) then the 3rd pic under Corneliani in this thread http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...35&postcount=1

is probably also a Caruso too, not a Corneliani - what do you think? In case it is made by Caruso, the guide should be corrected.

Moreover, the label posted under "Zegna"(made for Dunhill) looks like it was made by Caruso as well.

The Corneliani for Polo caption refers to the pic above. The Dunhill tag (to be confirmed) is Caruso.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads