1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who made my new "Harrods Super 110s Wool Jacket"?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CashmereLover, Dec 3, 2011.

1. CashmereLover

CashmereLover Senior member

Hi all,

I recently bought a "Harrods Super 110s Wool Jacket" from Malford of London. It was the last one but it is still listed here:

http://www.malfordoflondon.com/jack...-110s-wool-jacket-495-rrp-made-in-italy-.html

Apparently it is made in Italy. Does anyone have a clue who makes Harrods own clothing, and in particular, their jackets?

I am very happy with the Harrods jacket in terms of fit (just need to shorten the sleeves by half an inch). As for construction, I am pretty inexperienced in jackets. However, I am in some sense able to compare the Harrods jacket with a Raffaele Caruso suit I own, in terms of the "feeling" when moving my arms etc. The Caruso is indeed more soft overall, and in particular more soft shouldered. Also, it might be possible that these two jackets have taught me the difference in canvassed vs. fused. I am sure the Caruso is at least half canvassed, maybe full. Don't know about the Harrods. All I know is that the Caruso feels slightly better.

All together I think the Harrods was a nice purchase at that price, £190. Perfect for looking like a douche during Saturday nights (I am 28). :fistbump:

2. onix

onix Senior member

A picture of the tag would be helpful.

3. CashmereLover

OK,

[ATTACHMENT=1370]IMAG0008.jpg (746k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

4. onix

onix Senior member

Lubiam (see here)

5. CashmereLover

I am impressed, there certainly is unique knowledge at this forum. Obviously both the tag and the white "Made in Italy" label match. Many thanks for your quick and accurate reply.

You don't happen to know if Lubiam make any fused "low line" jackets? Or are they all at least half canvassed? As you can tell from my first post, I have not yet learned how to tell the difference by looking at the construction.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  6. onix

onix Senior member

No, unfortunately, my knowledge on Lubiam is close to zero. Sorry.