• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

who is seeing nick cave this time through the states......

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw him in LA more than a month ago. Seeing him again Tuesday in San Diego. Hoping to win the KCRW private show tickets. :slayer:

I was slightly disappointed with the show in Fonda. It was streamed live on youtube and it seemed like he was more interested in that than the venue itself. All the songs were his most well-known and, for me, seemed a little boring. Still, a great show. But nothing like the Grinderman there 2 years ago. That was probably the best concert of my life.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was at the opposite end of where that video was taken up until stagger lee.....a 1:45:00 of his withering gaze and accusatory finger was enough.....i retreated to the back....it will probably be the best show i see this year.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving to San Diego to see him tomorrow. Very excited!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a great concert it was!!! My 2nd favorite after Grinderman in LA a few years back. We were front row, too! The man has so much energy, so much awesomeness in him.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
It always fascinates me to go to a concert and see people with their phones out recording it. Seriously? I can see a couple of pictures, but beyond that, you do realize that you are at the fucking concert, right? And you're detracting from your enjoyment of the concert in order get some shitty photos/videos that you'll look at once and then discard? Doesn't make sense, especially with the price of concert tickets. The last concert I went to was Matt & Kim and it seemed like half the crowd had their iphones up and scowling at the other half jostling them as they enjoyed the concert.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't mean to threadshit, but it always irritates me to go to a concert and see people with their phones out recording it. Seriously? I can see a couple of pictures, but beyond that, you do realize that you are at the fucking concert, right? And you're detracting from your enjoyment of the concert in order get some shitty photos/videos that you'll look at once and then discard?

I agree, I never take photos at concerts. It was my girlfriend doing it. She likes Nick Cave, but not quite a fan as I am, so it's okay. In fact, after going through a phase of photography obsession, I tend to not even bring my camera anywhere with me, because you either participate in the fun or photograph it. :)

Last edited:

Rambo

Stylish Dinosaur
Timed Out
Reaction score

It always fascinates me to go to a concert and see people with their phones out recording it. Seriously? I can see a couple of pictures, but beyond that, you do realize that you are at the fucking concert, right? And you're detracting from your enjoyment of the concert in order get some shitty photos/videos that you'll look at once and then discard? Doesn't make sense, especially with the price of concert tickets. The last concert I went to was Matt & Kim and it seemed like half the crowd had their iphones up and scowling at the other half jostling them as they enjoyed the concert.

None of this would be happening if they were reading books...

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

I agree, I never take photos at concerts. It was my girlfriend doing it. She likes Nick Cave, but not quite a fan as I am, so it's okay. In fact, after going through a phase of photography obsession, I tend to not even bring my camera anywhere with me, because you either participate in the fun or photograph it. :)

Yeah, sorry I came off all aggro. I edited it after the fact to be more reasoned. BTW - Women love photographing every. single. thing. Just wait till you discuss wedding photographers, family christmas cards, etc...

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, sorry I came off all aggro. I edited it after the fact to be more reasoned. BTW - Women love photographing every. single. thing. Just wait till you discuss wedding photographers, family christmas cards, etc...

No worries. I actually agree with you. And Nick slightly altered a line from one of his songs yesterday, singing "And in came the devil with his fucking iPhone". I laughed.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Carmina

Votes: 34 15.0%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 37 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 73 32.3%