• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Who is Belvest?

heavyd

Reaction score
I see a ton of expensive Belvest on STP - need more info?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, Belvest makes suits for many famous designers, like LV, Hermes and (until a few years ago) Prada.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Belvest - in my limited experience - makes a very, very nice RTW suit. They tend to be softly constructed and very comfortable on my frame.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Belvest makes wonderful suits, pants and sportcoats. In the Roetzle(sp) book it says they make 80 different operations for the pants alone and that they have unique materials made for them in Biella, Italy.

You can get some info on them for the Robb Report. I would say that construction wise and fit wise that they are tied with Isaia and above Zegna and Canali for my fit.

Disclaimer: I will be listing some belvest suits this week and I don't want anyone thinking I am plugging them for my own gain. You check the archives I have recommended Belvest for years.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don`t own any, but have tried several models on at the dept. store. They are pretty nice, and when I asked more about them, the salesman told me that they manufacture some models for Gucci as well.

It seems that you can get more fashion forward styles, made with good construction with Belvest. This is one of their strong points in comparison to some other makers.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Own a blue and a white label belvest suit. The blue label is better quality than the white label. Both fit well and are great suits. I highly recommend them.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fred Pressman, the man who transformed Barneys in the 60s and 70s, always wore Belvest himself, according to a history of the store.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Be aware that Belvest makes a wide range of cuts for various brands/stores/labels, so it may be hard to be sure of what you'll get. For example some seem to be very soft structured and relaxed while one jacket I have has substantial shoulders and a narrow skirt.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40