• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who have you met from styleforum?

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I met my first memeber from styleforum for lunch today. I met clarinetplayer or joe and he treated me to lunch. It was good food and great conversation about clothes, sports, politics, and history. We also chatted about our favorite posts on here. It was an enjoyable afternoon I must say.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
I've met seanchai a few times. I don't really enjoy his company.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I spent a most enjoyable afternoon and evening with globetrotter and his son in August. I highly recommend the experience to any of you who have the opportunity. Globetrotter is one of the most charming and intelligent people I have encountered in my many years here on Earth.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ambulance Chaser, Duveen, RJman, medwards, kabert, modsquad, CarsonInDC, Hopkins_Student, nightowl, Mr. Checks and Virginia Dandy

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
I met Bic Pentameter last November in Tokyo for a very enjoyable evening with several other members whose usernames I never learned.

I met Globetrotter, chorse and his wife, Poorsod, Norcal transplant, and GDL last spring in NYC. We had dinner in Chinatown. I spoke a great deal with Globetrotter, who is a true gentleman.

The following day, I met Vaclav for lunch and we spent the afternoon together touring several clothing establishments. I enjoyed our conversations very much and found him to be sympathetic with a great concern for other people.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I have met Thracozaag (Koji), Skalogre & DesignProf.

Good meetings all and I hope to meet more of few you in the future.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
I haven't met anyone yet (that I know of), but I'd really like to meet RJ and Get Smart. They really seem to be in tune with my style. And LabeKing, because he's such an enigma.

Not that I wouldn't mind meeting some other folks as well...

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of those not in the trade: josepidal, My_View, pchong, FCS, new obsession, mack11211, andy, and several more whose handles I've never learned at last year's AA show. All have been delightful. I'd love to meet everyone, even - or especially - the more notorious/banned ones. I suspect that they are actually quite pleasant in person.

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have met and had the chance to dine or shop around with:

jcusey- G&G trunk show Dallas
Bradford -Phoenix
pkincy -Scottsdale / NM
Duveen - great dinner, and a quick tour of OKC
possible meeting with Ron Rider in the near future

First and last impressions: All great gentlemen!
All are generous with time and advice.

I think it's a real tribute to this forum that it promotes
being a gentleman in more aspects than just clothing.
This makes these meetings all the more enjoyable.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I met Bic Pentameter last November in Tokyo for a very enjoyable evening with several other members whose usernames I never learned.

I had an enjoyable evening with Nantucket Red about a year ago. Also in attendance were Grosbard, Gatsby, and a fellow who might have been a lurker. Unfortunately, Alter, a great fellow I have met twice, couldn't make it that night.

I met RJman, bengal-stripe, Leon, and a few others last January in London.

Bic

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As already mentioned, I've met Bradford. Great chap
smile.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I spent a most enjoyable afternoon and evening with globetrotter and his son in August. I highly recommend the experience to any of you who have the opportunity. Globetrotter is one of the most charming and intelligent people I have encountered in my many years here on Earth.

ow, shucks........
blush.gif

Dakota is a very very nice man - he was very flexible in allowing my son to run our day, and we had a great time at the Minnosota state fair.

I have met Tiger, in NYC. we had dinner at Joe's ginger and exchanged war stories.

Nightowl in Paris for about 5 minutes - I went from a meeting in Montparnasse to the Gare du Nord and met him at his hotel off of the Louvre on my way.

Chuck, Jill and Steve B in Dallas (and then I met Steve B a year later in Chicago and played wingman, helping him meet a very nice looking lady). Chuck is one of the best dressed and groomed men I have ever met - the fabric of his shirt was stunning.

Nantuket Red ( possibly the best looking poster from the style forum), Chorse and his charming wife, Poorsod, Norcal transplant, and GDL in New York. Manton, Oscar wild, Alazander Kabbaz (a very very good looking man, as well - overall impression of overwelmingly well dressed - fantastic suit, great shirt, fantastic hair).

Buster in chigago has become a good friend, we had a holiday dinner with them a few weeks ago. he has a great son a little older than my own, and a charming wife and youger daughter.

RJ recently in Paris. we had a great dinner, and when I went to grab the check, he beat me to it. we had a very nic time and some great conversation.

I hope I haven't forgotten anybody.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
marchal.gif
I met Kent Wang for lunch awhile ago. A couple of furtive shoe exchanges w/ Earthmover and Seok. Plus a few 'impersonal' deals w/ Chorse, edmorel, etc.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was grossly underdressed for my meeting with romafan.

I had barbecue with mack1211 in Austin.

Met with j and Tokyo Slim in Seattle but I remember very little of it. That's how I roll.

I suggest that all future SF meetings be conducted in a beer garden.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads