1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Who has the Prada hook up

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by turboman808, Jun 9, 2009.

1. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Who would buy a jag in this day and age, i'd much rather have a madza rx8

2. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

Don't need a third sports car. However I do not currently have a luxury car.

3. DGP

DGP Senior member

Hey thanks. They have the Salvatore shoes I was looking at onsale. Gonna have to go buy a pair if they fit right.

http://www.barneys.com/Salvatore%20F...e&prefv1=White

[​IMG]

Mazda it must suck being you. I just hope for your sake your name isn't mazda because you drive a mazda because then it would be down right pitiful to be you. If that was the case your car is probably worse then my grocery getter. But I understand if my illiteracy has made this paragraph impossible to read. In which case no harm no foul. Of course there is also the god Mazda in which case you have shown none of the traits of said god but I truly hope your ego isn't that big anyways.

Oh and by the way I want these shoes because I plan to buy a Jaguar XJ this fall and just want a pair of shoes that will match the car. Sorry if I want to get a deal on everything I buy. Thats just who I am.

Personally, I find Ferragamo's mainline shoes more comfortable than Prada's mainline, though I'm not a huge fan of the metal embellishments.

4. DGP

DGP Senior member

The only part of the Jag purchase logic I see fault in is matching it with a driving shoe. Aren't driving shoes specifically designed to make operating the clutch easier, which all (US) XJs lack, seeing as they're automatic?

And, while I don't think the Jags made today are anywhere near as stylish as the ones made pre-1989 or 1995-2005, they are among the most stylish luxury saloons out there. Only three come to mind with more stylish lines, the Maserati Quatroporte, the Audi A/S8 and the Bentley Arnage. And of those, two are well beyond the pricepoint of the XJ. MB, BMW and Lexus may make a better car, but if you're going for pure style, it would be difficult to beat the Jaguar. The new XF, however, is a Taurus with a coke problem.

5. turboman808

Got a chance to see all the nice driving shoes within one day and try them all on. After trying the louis vuitton and the salvatore ferragamo the prada shoes didn't look so great. All the ones I tried had the metal embellishments. I just thought it broke up the area a bit better. The louis vuitton had a huge logo on them but they really looked good. The ferragamo was just a nice all around shoe without being over the top. So I bought them. Went to a BBQ/cocktail party and everyone really liked them. Got them for $320 after a bit of haggling. [​IMG] (ot) As far as the jaguar I will either get the 2008 portfolio or as someone mentioned the early ones look really nice(anything before 87). Have considered getting a series one and redoing the interior and repainting the car. silver with white interior and black pipping would look really sweet.

6. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

how do you haggle at an american department store o_0? teach me!

7. turboman808

how do you haggle at an american department store o_0? teach me!

Well once you know where to look they have these shoes everywhere.

I live right near Riverside Mall in Hackensack. Not only was all this stuff easy to find 3-4 stores had every single shoes I was interested in. Just a matter of walking around and finding out who would give me the best price. Turned out to be Bloomingdales.

I thought that was the slogan of style forum "Never pay retail."

8. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

did you actually haggle with the salesperson though? eg "i saw this at barneys for the same price can you give me a discount"?

9. chrispy179

chrispy179 Senior member

The soles on those drivers are pretty ugly.

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

(ot)
    As far as the jaguar I will either get the 2008 portfolio or as someone mentioned the early ones look really nice(anything before 87). Have considered getting a series one and redoing the interior and repainting the car. silver with white interior and black pipping would look really sweet.

Before '87? Here is what you need: '66 XKE (seen here outclassing the competition from Italy):

[​IMG]
    By DLester

11. jet

jet Senior member

Those white loafers will look dope with some stonewashed TRs at the persian club.

12. DGP

DGP Senior member

Before '87? Here is what you need: '66 XKE (seen here outclassing the competition from Italy):

[​IMG]
    By DLester

While that is one of the most beautiful cars ever built, if I could only have one pre-80s Jag, I'd have to go with the XJ12-C. You see virtually no XJ coupes (in the States, at least), and the rarity paired with the subtle elegance makes it a winner for me. Whatever you get, get a V12. That in and of itself will make the car very uncommon, as, to my knowledge, prior to the very late 80s, only Jag, Ferrari and Lambo sold V12s here, and Jaguar had the only V12 four door (also a beautiful car).