Who has the Prada hook up

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by turboman808, Jun 9, 2009.

1. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

OK I went hunting for some white drivers. Only pair I really liked were the Prada white drivers at Neiman Markus. Thing is I just don't want to pay full price of $420. So if anyone knows where online I cna get these at a nice discount I wold much appreciate it.

I couldn't even find a picture of them let alone anyone selling them.

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

if you steal the shoes they will be $0

3. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

Learning how to spell may increase your ability to earn $420.

4. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Thats a pretty high post count to be unaware of the Prada hate that goes on around here ...

[​IMG]

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Short answer: wait a few weeks until seasonal sales. Probably they are already going on. Call a regular Prada boutique... you can google them (NYC, LA, etc.) You can order them by phone and they'll ship them to you. They'll probably be up to half off.

Aside from that, Tod's is famous for their driving shoes, as is car-shoe, who did a collabo with Prada and makes many of the driving shoes for them.

Prada DOES get lots of SF hate... some deservedly, but a lot is not.

Good luck.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I've always wondered why plenty of people hate on Prada, more specifically I remember some complaining because of the red stripe and that it is like advertising. It was a bit confusing because the Prada red stripe seems to be one of the less noticeable logo/branding compared to other brands such as Gucci, D&G, RL with their big pony's, etc... I don't know how it could bother so many people, maybe I'm missing something?

7. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Senior member

pretty sure the prada boutiques in nyc went on sale a few weeks ago. you might give them a call as i suspect you are not in nyc. oh, and i'll take prada over D&G or gucci any day of the week.

8. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

This board seems to hate brands that are well known.

9. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I've always wondered why plenty of people hate on Prada, more specifically I remember some complaining because of the red stripe and that it is like advertising. It was a bit confusing because the Prada red stripe seems to be one of the less noticeable logo/branding compared to other brands such as Gucci, D&G, RL with their big pony's, etc... I don't know how it could bother so many people, maybe I'm missing something?
    +1. Also, the red stripe is just one LINE from Prada, and Prada has TONS of different lines and levels, many of which have almost no logos at all (or very minimal logos). So, saying you hate Prada because of the red stripe is like saying you hate RL because the size of the ponies on the polo shirts. Prada makes a lot of abysmal shit, yes, but they also do some good stuff. It's just that it's "the thing" to do to hate on brands here at SF, so the few guys who have a legitimate gripe then get a lot of bandwagoning from guys who saw a pair of Prada Sport pants at Filene's Basement that nobody else wanted to buy (and that are really shitty) and then say, "Yah, duder, Prada like totally blows!"

10. dv3

dv3 Senior member

...as mentioned above...why not Tod's if you are looking for something like that?

11. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

^
    pretty much. it's like indie rockers with bands.

"ugh. i wore nudie when it was cool."

12. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

If you were to buy drivers, get Tod's.

13. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

I have seen the tod's and don't care for them. Maybe they have others ut the ones I saw were pretty plain. The Salvatore Ferragamo Parigi look pretty nice and similar to the Prada pair that I saw. I just haven't seen the Salvatore pair in real life just the internet. I live 20 minutes from NYC but don't go into the city much. Just for shows and dinner. [​IMG]

14. DGP

DGP Senior member

15. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

For the record I don't hate prada, I hate illiteracy.

I wear Dreamer weekly and one of my favorite white dress shirts is Prada.