• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who has the best website for MTM/bespoke?

TintinATL

Reaction score
I've been asked to advise a tailor friend on his marketing (I guess I'm the one-eyed man in his land of the blind!). As part of that, I wanted to ask the forum for opinions on websites. Specifically, which websites do you think do the best job of presenting the clothes, the services, or a specific style - and of course, making you want to shop there?

I'm particularly interested in websites for made-to-measure and bespoke clothing. Not necessarily those that sell online - also those that are just promoting a brick-and-mortar store or a traveling tailor. A handful very different examples to get things started:
www.tomford.com
www.thomasmillermens.com
www.tomjamesco.com
www.kilgour.eu
www.giovanniclothes.com

Please note, I'm not asking for a judgment on the clothes themselves, just on the website. Which sites do you think do the best job? And how much does a website influence your decision to a patronize a particular company?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The blog format is interesting as its different from traditional websites, but the downside is it needs to be updated constantly or it loses all appeal.

The Tom Ford/Kilgour websites are more like glossy brochures to dazzle people and convey an image of being a fashion house. The other two websites are more or less informational websites. I'm not sure any one is better than the other, it just depends on what your customers expect to see (just some looks, or actual detailed info on your stuff.)

Typically older customers respond better to actual detailed info about the product and the process and younger customers (under 30) seem to respond better to flashy websites that focus on conveying the image.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked Kilgour's the best. It was catchy enough, but also made it rather easy to find info about their bespoke goods.

TintinATL

Reaction score
Blatant bump in the hope of some more responses... come on guys, surely some of you have 2 minutes to give an opinion? All help much appreciated.

kuwisdelu

Reaction score
Well I'm under 30, but I still far prefer a site that makes it easy to find the information I'm looking for. E.g., if it's a traveling tailor, I want to know about dates and cities that will be visited. For any clothing site, I want to know about fit (truthfully) and what I can expect to pay. I want to see realistic photos that show me the clothing that's not in some goofy pose. I it to be well-organized, professional-looking, and easy to find these things, so I can trust who ever is selling me these things.

PhillyDude

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything as thorough and accomodating as atailoredsuit.com.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics