Who has new Martegani boots?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nick M, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

(Yeah, yeah, and Alias does too, but he's kind of a jerk. This is MY thread.) My new Martegani boots arrived just yesterday from Ron Rider over at Franco's Fine Clothier. I was in search of a pair of dressy boots I could throw on with, say, jeans and an untucked shirt, maybe a sportcoat as well, perhaps the odd suit sans tie, that kind of thing. To that I end, I went for a leather-soled chukka boot model, on a chisel-toed last, using Martegani's "Rustik 077" leather, which is a medium brown with a slightly reddish tint - can't wait to see how they burnish up over time. I also added a floating medallion to the toe, because, well, I dig the medallion. I think they came out really well. *ahem* BEHOLD. [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks again to Ron for providing excellent service from such a long way away, and for letting his customers essentially design their own shoes at such a reasonable price (for better or worse [​IMG]). For now, barring getting any great deals on EG or Lattanzi - or more Grensons at Bennie's - I think I've found my brand. Next stop - spectators. Or possibly a wholecut, I haven't decided yet.

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Very nice indeed. Love the color and the toe medallion. 3B last?

3. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

Must be boot week on Style Forum. I like that medallion too. Congrats and enjoy.

4. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Yes indeed. I'm a sucker for it.

5. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

Glad they got there safe and sound. Thanks again...

Actually, another change was making the sole detail 2mm heavier than normal...

6. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Beautiful shoe. I have the regular Martegani chukka in pebble grain cognac with the Danite sole that's on listed on the site, as well as a pair of custom Martegani monks. Those boots are giving me ideas. I've been wanting a pair with a leather sole.

7. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sans tie??? Weirdo... [​IMG] Great Looking Boots though... [​IMG]

8. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Totally awesome boots Nick. You have very good taste for a young man. l love the medallion onm the toe.

l hear that the Martegani shoes run alittle small. ls this correct? lf l am a size 7.5 U.S, what size would l be in Rons Martegani's? Size 7??

Please respond back Nick. l need your help.

9. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Marc,

They actually run a little bit large - I'm normally a US7, for these I went with a 6 1/2.

It would probably depend on which last you choose - I'm sure Ron Rider would be happy to help you with sizing once you pick all the details you want.

10. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

yes...typically. If you would like more info, please email me at the shop.

Ron

11. marc37

marc37 Senior member

As a shoe good as Edwrd Green is, l wouldn't buy them just because they are at discount. l would make sure you have the right size and last. l hear edward Green runs different in sizing to other shoes. Since these types of shoes will last a lifetime l would suggest Edward Greens special order program up Sydney. You can shoose the leather type, the last and your correct size. Edward Green shoes are too good to get the fitting wrong. Aprrox price is $1,500. Not very much in the sceme of things.