• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who gives you crap about your jeans?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So.. anyone ever bust your chops for paying.. 150.. 250.. 500.. for a pair of jeans?
wink.gif

My boss and one of my project managers were all over me today about my Baggy Bjorns.
confused.gif

How about you?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"One day, when you're as wealthy, successful and sexy as I am, spending $200 on a pair of jeans will seem natural."

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I bust my own chops. I still think it is ridiculous to spend this much on fashion and vanity, but hey we are living in a material world and I am a material girl.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
I bust my own chops. I still think it is ridiculous to spend this much on fashion and vanity.

it's an existentialist dilemma

keal

Reaction score
I often wear funky shoes, so when it starts a conversation, I always mention my jeans and the price (usually around the $200.00 range) and that's the only way people notice. Other than that, they have no idea that the jeans aren't a $20.00 pair from the local Old Navy shop.

I usually mention that no one minds paying $100.00 for a pair of sports shoes as casual wear or for the daily gym workouts. In 6 months to a year, the shoes get tossed. While a pair of jeans can last indefinitely, you're looking at a better value. When I get the "why pay so much when you can get a pair for less than fifty bucks" line, I repeat what I just said about the shoes.

Once in a great while, someone will say "Nice shoes! Is that designer jeans? What brand?"

Lunch is on me when I hear that
smile.gif

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
"One day, when you're as wealthy, successful and sexy as I am, spending $200 on a pair of jeans will seem natural."

This is the right answer.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keal
I often wear funky shoes, so when it starts a conversation, I always mention my jeans and the price (usually around the $200.00 range) and that's the only way people notice. Other than that, they have no idea that the jeans aren't a $20.00 pair from the local Old Navy shop.

I usually mention that no one minds paying $100.00 for a pair of sports shoes as casual wear or for the daily gym workouts. In 6 months to a year, the shoes get tossed. While a pair of jeans can last indefinitely, you're looking at a better value. When I get the "why pay so much when you can get a pair for less than fifty bucks" line, I repeat what I just said about the shoes.

Once in a great while, someone will say "Nice shoes! Is that designer jeans? What brand?"

Lunch is on me when I hear that
smile.gif

Why would mention your jeans and the price?

jpgm

Reaction score
i dont get **** about the price, but i generally have no reason to mention it - ie. people generally dont know. aside from that, most of the jeans i buy, with a few exceptions, arent all that expensive, in my opinion.

my girlfriend constantly gives me **** about having so many pairs of jeans. like she can talk!
laugh.gif

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Why would mention your jeans and the price?
Because resorting to crude classicism is apparently the only way to justify spending stupid amounts of money on jeans.

Kid609

Reaction score
no one gives me crap about my jeans.

I wear 30 dollar Levis for nice occasions and Carhartts when working in the yard.

BioSore

Reaction score
Well, my friends give me crap for spending more than 60 bucks on jeans. But I suppose that comes with still being in high school. Luckily only 7 more days of that and then onto first impressions all over again. But honestly, you guys are right, its all about the hobby. I couldn't care less if people knew or didn't now how much I paid. In fact, the only reason people know that I have is because I've recently paid for a pair.

Edit: Although lately I'm wearing $30 pair of GAP 1969's, a pair of 7's I got form TJMaxx for 40, and a pair of RL Brixtons for 30 or 40. Once my APC's and whatever else I order come in, though... I'll be set for a good while.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few pairs of 1969. They can be hit or miss, but some of it is a damn good value.

BioSore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I have a few pairs of 1969. They can be hit or miss, but some of it is a damn good value.

Yeah, I agree, but I"ve liked most of them. I wasn't going to get them until I saw them on the sales rack at the local store. Really, you can't beat these for 30 bucks. Plus my girlfriend loves them. It bugs me a little that they have a slight green tint, but I can deal with it... Its not too big of a deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads