• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who are the best tie makers?

Cody Hart

Reaction score
I am interested in finding out who are the best tie manufacturers. Please give me your personal opinion and insight on the market.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends upon what is your definition of "best." Leonard currently gets my vote. I have a few Missimo Bizzocchi, Salvatore Ferragamo and Stefano Ricci ties that are quite nice as well.

Serica Elite was a former favorite, but unfortunately they have gone out of business.

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eric Glennie (I may have misspelled his name).

CTLION

Reaction score
I have 4 beautiful Zegna silk ties that I enjoy. They are pricey but the colors are beautiful.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Right now? :confused: That's hard to say as the rapidly-evolving world of fashion won't stand still long enough for us to take stock. Historically? Pierre Cardin, Countess Mara, YSL and Fiorucci have all enjoyed their day in the sun

LucasFilms

Reaction score
Ferragamo usually produces high quality patterned ties. Lanvin produces plain ties, one single colour. I like some Dior ties as they are slimmer than the others and sometimes they are more solid.

manchambo

Reaction score
I favor Brioni, though this is partially a fit issue as I am fairly tall and fairly thick of neck, so their long and thick ties result in a very nice knot for me, where some ties are just a bit too thin to tie well to my length.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E G Cappelli hands down. His Challis and Madder especially. I like his thick interlining, makes a beautiful knot. Vanda is hard to beat for Summery lite weights. Hobers construction is good, but his cloth selection could b better. IMO

Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tom Ford and Hermes has my vote

I've stayed away from Hermes because although their silks are nice I've heard their construction isn't great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads