Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

who actually does this forum cater to?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by samnc, Oct 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. samnc

samnc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input re: marino wool. I was assuming that if I was going to pay that much for a wool sweater, I might as well get a cashmere instead.

About the hobby issue---I also like traveling. Perhaps if I have a strong desire to get custom made clothes one of these days, I should be trecking off to Vietnam and bringing back a whole bunch of custom-fit clothes...and I am not saying this tounge in cheek. Obviously, it would require alot of research, but perhaps a slew of custom made clothes here in the USA costs the same as a trip to Vietnam and getting all custom suits, jackets, and sports coats over there, with a fun trip to boot! :)

2. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

3. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

How about creating cliff notes OP. I'm sure that your monologue is interesting, but that's just too much.

To answer the question from your title, I don't think that the site caters to a specific group of guys. I think that some of the long-time members have unrealistic ideas about their grandness and say rude things because of it. The guys who are VERY serious about clothes can also be hit or miss, but you can find information that appeals to just about any guy, teenage and beyond.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

5. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

I think this sums up SF pretty well - newbs hazing newer newbs for their newb-ness, while dismissing the value of the existing commentariat and dispensing bad advice. :slapfight:

Just kidding, you know I love you Vinny.

Just kidding, I don't even know you Vinny.

6. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I think that my post is pretty accurate. For all that I know, OP may be a genius, but that's WAAAAY too long for one post, and some of the long-time members and clothing big-timers are cyber elitists.

7. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

LOL

8. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

I'm PM'ing Fok right now and begging for this as a title.

9. SamSpade

SamSpade Senior member

Hm, let's cut through the clutter shall we? At this point, the primary audience this forum caters to are the merchants and advertisers selling their warez on and off the interwebz. There.

As for the actual posters, most would pretend to have an intrinsic fascination with clothes, but that's likely a rationalization. Many find it after they've been thoroughly satiated with the mainstream fashion press, and when that level of differentiation and status no longer suffices, they transition to more obscure ways to stay on this hedonistic threadmill.

10. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

VM - I'm not trying to be a jerk, but...too long as decided by whom? You? There are plenty of great threads that have started out with longer posts. This one has already generated a few responses. If it was too long to get you to read it well...maybe that was part of the intent. Who knows. But realize that "too long for my attention span" is not the same as "too long for one post".

11. gooter

gooter Senior member

I understand three words in this post

12. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

...lol

13. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

FTFY.

14. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

If the primary audience were the advertisers that wouldn't make much sense...unless you mean that the main consumers of this forum's discussions are the producers who make jawnz, who then make their jawnz in an effort to satisfy the desires of their consumers? If so...don't see why that's a bad thing.

15. kev777

kev777 Senior member

.....people who people watch people's shoes and think "shit shoes!"..........