• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear suede shoes year round, never saw it as anachronistic in summer. It certainly doesn't wear any warmer than calf and, in fact, there seem to be more unlined suede shoes out there than calf.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Alright, trying out the new butcher stripe with SF approved green tie. Suit is a Harrisons Premier Cru navy birdseye:
7735020240_f3fedc438c.jpg

I like the collar n this shirt. Who makes it?

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I wear suede shoes year round, never saw it as anachronistic in summer. It certainly doesn't wear any warmer than calf and, in fact, there seem to be more unlined suede shoes out there than calf.

+1. Another vote for year-round suède.

emc894

Reaction score
Lot of you guys seem like very high collars that reach about an inch above the suit. It looks strange.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lot of you guys seem like very high collars that reach about an inch above the suit. It looks strange.

i could be wrong, but i think it a neopolitian thing. i never had shirts like that, but all my neopolitian ones have collars similar to those. they are excellent shirts imo, and i like the high collar.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i could be wrong, but i think it a neopolitian thing. i never had shirts like that, but all my neopolitian ones have collars similar to those. they are excellent shirts imo, and i like the high collar.

My bespoke shirtmaker, Charles Nahkle, adjusted the height of my collar based on the length of my neck.

My MTM shirt collars from P Johnson Tailors are all high semi-cutaways based, again, on the length of my neck.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Dorian Gray, mate.
Dorian Gray...

Work with me here chief. Just a nice little fold. Or even a flourish. That sad little nub poking up from your pocket isn't doing anyone any good.

Looking to improve

Reaction score
Trying to learn a bit here so I thought I'd post two alternatives:

0edaed0e.jpg
vs.
e799afa7.jpg

Any comments?

Oh, and in hindsight: the pocketsquare in #2 could have been stuffed in deeper :embar:

MtB

Last edited:

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0edaed0e.jpg
vs.
I really like this top combo and the coat is very nice, but, IMO too short on you.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

e799afa7.jpg
Any comments?
Oh, and in hindsight: the pocketsquare in #2 could have been stuffed in deeper :embar:
MtB

This one is the best in my opinion. Very nice use of the gold pocket square.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads