• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

pazzion

Reaction score
Here come's the picture that I promised RDiaz. It is taken in the middle of my first try to achieve a mirror shine. The toe and heel was done, but I just finished up the rest of the shoe with moderate shine so it didn't have the big contrast change that it has in the picture.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I never manage to get such a nice shine on my shoes, must be doing something wrong. But still unsure about that last, looks a bit... uninteresting, don't know how to put it. Guess I'll need to see it in person, which ain't that hard
smile.gif

pazzion

Reaction score

Looking good. I never manage to get such a nice shine on my shoes, must be doing something wrong. But still unsure about that last, looks a bit... uninteresting, don't know how to put it. Guess I'll need to see it in person, which ain't that hard
smile.gif
Thanks. I followed Lear's advice that he posted in the big Shoe Care Thread on one of thr first 10 pages. It's quite long but really simple. Regarding the last so yeah, it's kind of boring. But that was one of the reasons I fell for it. It becomes more versatile then (according to myself so it's nothing proved or generally acknowledged). Plus the fact that the shoes, heel steel caps and a container Saphir Pate de Luxe only cost me €204 including shipping.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep. It was nothing like summer this morning.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
OK I'll play.

Better shots of the shirt cuff and tie so you can see what the colours and textures really are -

The shirt is actually intended for casual wear, but I felt I could live with those unstructured collars for the sake of this colour match.

Fire away.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, no! But seriously, that tie is dreadful... hank could maybe work in another context and folded in a different way, and the shirt has too short collar points, plus I'm not sold on the herringbone pattern (but that's just me maybe).

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tie is Paul Smith. It was left behind by a client (I don't know which one). I kinda liked it so I made it mine. How is it dreadful?

Square is Zegna I think - I forgot - fold didn't quite work out right, looks too much like a bird of paradise. But I kind of like the sharp points.

I am seriously into the tangerine colour of this shirt. Would be nice to get it in a more formal material, of course.

What I was looking for in this ensemble was a mix of subtly different patterns and colours, with a single point of ostentatious dandyism in the square.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads