1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

whnay.'s good taste thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Truth!

1 person likes this.
  2. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

Chris, how would one arrange a meeting in New York?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

so boring inorite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Flake

Flake Senior member

You know, Stitchy, down in this part of the world, wearing houndstooth is taken as a sign of allegiance to a particular university...

5. Ferragamo4me

Ferragamo4me Member

Not boring at all,classic elegance

1 person likes this.
  6. in stitches

interesting. that is certainly not the case where i am. unless the RLPL tag on the back of the tie counts. :p

7. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

stitch, great look today.

also really like the fact that you have started posting the full fits in this thread.

8. in stitches

thanks, omar.

i am kind of hesitant to do so because that is not really the intent of the thread, but since my pics are so close up, i think maybe it helps a bit to post the full fit. idrk.

9. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

How many customers would it take to extend your services to the Washington, DC area?

10. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

Steeches, how is it that a guy with the good sense to wear that can also wear glen plaid on glen plaid with glen plaid socks?

At any rate, nice job.

11. in stitches

:laugh:

the GP bomb was very intentionally OTT, i was under no illusion that it was even close to tasteful. but it was hella fun.

and thanks!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  12. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Send a PM and I will contact you when I schedule NY visits. Sometimes I do day trips and sometimes I stay over. Most visits are during the week and occasional trips will have a Saturday option. Depends on who and how many clients are scheduled. I use a hotel for fittings or meet at a vendor's showroom which I like to do so you can choose from their entire range of books and I don't have to carry many sample books. Which vendor I use depends on what cloth you want to use.

Have another client in Baltimore who takes the train to NY for fittings.

It's not about how many clients, it's about time and work capacity. Our backlog has been averaging 6 months and it is hard to travel more than I do. Going to Dallas is easy as I have a workroom and tailors there.
    Have a limited amount of infrastructure in New York to work from. Access to hotel and vendor's showrooms to use and tailor friends where I can use their workroom for things I may have to do. Makes out of town trips easier.
    Have several DC lawyers as clients but they travel to Chicago or Dallas to meet.

13. in stitches

not only is this easy, and affordable (free if you a decent CC points program), its also a lot of fun to take nyc day trips. when i get on the despos action, thats how i would do it.

14. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Senior member

I wouldn't say its fun but it is easy. However, I just started a new job and can't justify taking leave for some clothes right now. I will have some clothes made by Mr. Despos in due time.

Now please post some more pictures!

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hank has crept up during the course of the day, but there you have it...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. in stitches

i dont know, i try and take a day trip to nyc every few months. lots of fun every time! and whats not fun about looking at swatches and getting measured. you feel like a king.

17. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

2 people like this.
  18. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I just bought the same tie on sale yesterday! Consider wearing it with a regular worsted suit instead of a flannel. I have a similar RLPL houndstooth in cashmere from a few seasons ago that I think would go better with the flannel.

19. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Gents--

My new year's resolution (well, one of them anyways) is to hone my wardrobe to a more inspired edge.

From what/ where do you guys draw your inspiration for your next purchase, looks, etc?

I really liked these two websites (curious who makes suits for Matteo Marzotto......whoooweee, it really is all about the shoulders when it comes to suits!). Sartorialist is dead to me, haven't seen anything worthwhile from his site in a long time.

http://forthediscerningfew.com/2012/03/31/inspiration-de-la-semaine-matteo-marzotto/

not a huge fan of the shoulders or suspenders on their stuff, but man-- can these guys put jackets and ties together to the next level! 90 pages of cool shit.

http://bntailor.tumblr.com/page/45

20. in stitches

CrimsonSox - thanks!

poorsod - enjoy your new acquisition, its a great tie. i dont have a worsted gray, but i can try it with a worsted navy. ill try and do that sometime. thanks for the idea.