• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never mind got it!!
mace.png

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. g, that should be your new avatar.

also, great look, fred.

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a point of Sci-Fi nerd order, Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master as he sat on the Jedi High Council and Anakin Skywalker was the only non-master to sit on said council.

... We may now return to our regularly scheduled clothing nerd programming.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i went ahead and tried this SC with blue, per the suggestions here.

Failbot or success?

Close ups

u4upe9ez.jpg

9ehu4ujy.jpg

Normal distance

eru9ydep.jpg

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty darn good to me, though I'm not a fan of such a small scale houndstooth on jackets. The color combo is very pleasing, plus that SC seems to fit really well in the shoulders. Mind if I ask who makes that tie?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That looks pretty darn good to me, though I'm not a fan of such a small scale houndstooth on jackets. The color combo is very pleasing, plus that SC seems to fit really well in the shoulders. Mind if I ask who makes that tie?

thanks! i was surprised that i like it, i just could not imagine this with a blue shirt. but now that i see it, i like it.

ill post a full fit pic in WAYWRN a little later and you can decide on the fit of the SC besides the shoulders, which i think is the best fitting part of this SC.

tie is borrelli, might be my favorite tie at present. :)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stitches - looks good (even if I'm personally not in love with the coat cloth, and I would have preferred a light blue oxford with that get-up - but at this point, they're nuances and preferences...).

I think you got it now - you understand what colors go with which, how to keep outfits tasteful, etc... Training wheels are off, you know what you're doing ! :)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well ill be!

the only oxford i thought might work was the one from a few days ago and i thought maybe it was too deep in color, might try it out next time.

you have made my day. coming from you, that means a lot to me. thanks. :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just curious, who makes that SC?  I like the fabric quite a lot, great color combos by the way!

thanks, man! SC is zegna trofeo. its lovely. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads