• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rr, I'm not liking that tie. Shirt looks nice though.

You don't like an Argyll & Sutherland tie?

Jeremy%20Piven%20-%20Get%20the%20Fuck%20Out.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great thread. Just read the first 50 pages......
:slayer:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Desu, great to see you posting here.

I wish there were a bit more contrast between jacket and tie in the last picture. Not in bad taste, just a little flat.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Photo itself is strong in compositional elements suited to the purpose, and I guess that’s why you chose it? - shallow depth of field and complementary colors blurred in the background draw the eye to you; perfect for a shot that’s all about the subject's clothes. Look-wise, the subtle mix of patterns and colors and the impromptu way you’ve thrown things together- messy collar, throttle-cinched knot (at the table?)and shy PS - is full-sprezz , yet the mix might have pleased the DOW- russet gold, leafy greens, earthy browns and a rosy overcheck on the tweed would IMO bee contrived and matchy but for the strong blue verticals of the shirt contrasting, balancing, anchoring the whole ensemble - makes me want to give it a go again, having abandoned busy and difficult 3 and 4 patterns in my own fit regimen for solids- which are usually more elegant, more bang for buck and harder to f--* up even if sometimes boring. Good 4 pattern combinations are scarce as rocking horse **** on SF, but this is exquisiteness IMHO. Selection-wise it’s m ore the spread collar than the tie I’d quibble with. Odds on that i-gents will look back in a decade and snigger at spreads the way we do at power shoulders, contrast collars and braces of the eighties or the ultra-fitted waists, flares and crazy lapels of the seventies (I hope so). But the spread thing is personal andneither here or there- this is still a fit that's harmonious, subtle, finely balanced, and to me stands out in this thread and any. Thx for making the effort

Talk about serendipity- was just posting about Foos earlier fit when below came up- another outstanding 4 combo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads